Sign in to follow this  
300hp.GT

Cessna CJ3 N628CB

Courtesy of Ray Marshall, I FINALLY have a workable reasonable facsimilie of a plane I've spent many hours riding in. Sure, the real 8CB is a CJ3, but the Carenado CJ2 is VERY close. 

Ray, thank you so much for your time, effort, energy, and most of all, your love of this hobby! For your time and efforts, your next new Carenado plane is on me. 

2016-3-26_12-26-15-257_zpsyxn6kbtp.png

The real deal...

N628CB_zpsxkfljgjk.jpg

You know, that is pretty darn close. We have to thank the unnamed Carenado painter for selecting such a good cross section of paint schemes. I doubt I will ever be able to paint a Carenado model from scratch. Be sure to check the tail number changing colors as the sun angle moves. Neat stuff.

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

You know, that is pretty darn close. We have to thank the unnamed Carenado painter for selecting such a good cross section of paint schemes. I doubt I will ever be able to paint a Carenado model from scratch. Be sure to check the tail number changing colors as the sun angle moves. Neat stuff.

Best Regards,

Ray

I noticed the red shine on the stripes, near the tail, but didn't catch the numbers changing. 

Still, like you said, it's really close! Carenado did some nice paints. I just wish they had options for N-numbers. I can't think of a Carenado release in a few years that didn't have the really nice paints from other countries. 

I just completed a nice flight in 8CB from Detroit Metro to Kansas Downtown using a full flight plan with departure, transition, enroute, arrival, transition, LPV to Rwy21. It flew like it was on a string, acquired the GS and landed on the numbers and made the first right turnoff. Approach thought I was a 525B so the paint must be close enough. I used the GTN but loaded the sample flight plan from the Carenado docs for the Proline21. This is nice flight.

Regards,

Ray

KansasCity arrival.JPG

I think I will just spend the night here.

Ray

Kansas City downtownJPG.JPG

where can I download this paint?? :smile: :smile: :smile:

N628CB was commissioned as a private repaint for a friend, 300hp.GT here in this support forum. You could send him a PM and ask.

I was flying the prototype when I snapped those screenshots.

Regards,

Ray