Sign in to follow this  
Maestaru

Default View

Is there a way to change my default view.  Somehow this setting has changed and now when I select Virtual Cockpit I am taken to the dedicated Nav/ Control screen instead of being returned to the Pilot seat.

It seems that my order of screens has changed slightly too.  When selecting "A" I used to move from the pilot seat to the co-pilot, then all the others, and the last on the list was the Nav screen.  Now if I am at the pilot screen and press "A" I get the Nav screen before the co-pilot.  The rest of the sequence is still correct.

Thx,

W

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ray,

It resets the view if I am looking down or to the side (i.e. brings my view straight to and level with the dash).  But it does not reset the pilot seat camera as the default.  Somewhere there has to be a way to reset/ reorder the sequence of views when "A" is pushed.

I use EZdok (FSX and P3D) ...works well in all the aircraft I have.

How about a right click on the active screen and select Cockpit and slide over to the right and see what is checked. If cockpit is checked it should be the default view, if it is something else you should be able to see what view is selected.

Ray

Ray,

The actual pilot seat is called Virtual Cockpit, and the Nav screen is called Cockpit. 

How do I upload these two screenshots?

Ray,

The actual pilot seat is called Virtual Cockpit, and the Nav screen is called Cockpit. 

How do I upload these two screenshots?

Use the "More Reply Options" box in the lower right corner when you a typing a post. Scroll down and look in the left corner and click the Browse button. This will take you to your files like the Windows Explorer. When you find the file you would like to upload (~250 KB limit) double click the file name or select it and click Open. When back at this input form, click on 'Attach This File'. Repeat for more files, but click Attach This File to move on. When ready to post, click the black box in the center bottom with white text that says 'Add Reply'.

If you can't seem to get it going, click the little box in the upper left with a tool tip that says BBCode Mode. BTSOM what it is for but sometimes it kick starts the process. Maybe that is to add smiley faces.

Yes, I have EZCam that replaces the VC and I get confused easily. Sorry, but you did learn how to upload screenshots. :wink:

Regards.

Ray

As an update, my issues are: 1) screen sequence is incorrect (with Nav screen coming in between Pilot and Co-pilot.  2) Virtual Cockpit assignment does not work on my yoke or keyboard.

I think I have narrowed down some of the problem.  On my Saitek Yoke I have been using A1 for Virtual Cockpit (F9 in FSX) and A2 for Lock Spot.  The A1 button no longer works on any plane with a virtual cockpit (Seneca, King Air, Duke, and CJ2).  Yet every other button assignment works on the keyboard and yoke.   I checked the Control section in FSX setup and all the keyboard/ yoke assignments are correct.

I have no idea what I did here.  Could really use some help...

Screens to follow, if I am successful with Ray's noted.

W

My screens...

Wow, what a process.  Never saw a Browse button. 

W

Would someone email me a copy of their CAMERAS.CFG file (there should be planes with virtual cockpits).  I would like to use it as reference. 

Thanks,

W

Are you referring to the [Views] section of the aircraft.cfg file? PM sent.

Ray

Ray, thanks for the CFG file.  Yours is very different from mine; temporarily replacing mine did not produce the desired effect.

What needs to be fixed is my F9 (Virtual Cockpit) and corresponding button assignment on my Saitek Yoke (A1) no longer work.  The assignments are correct, but the actual macro that they are supposed to execute is missing or non-functional.

I have no idea how to fix the problem, or even what file(s) to go to. 

Fixed the problem...  My CAMERA.CFG file in FSX Steam was altered during an install of a small app.  By comparing another sim user's file I was able to mend mine.  All is fine again, and I am back in the virtual pilot seat.

Thanks for the guidance and suggestions. ​

W