Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

P3D v3 Boat traffic

Hello,

I recently formatted my PC and started again downloading the latest copy of P3D v3 from the website.

Since installing i have had very poor FPS, around 5 at EGEO.  I have traced this to the boat traffic.  At 0% i get a solid 30, if i put in even 10% the frame rate tanks.  Road traffic has only a negligible effect, perhaps 1 or 2 FPS at most.

This config was running fine on the previous version of P3Dv3 as i copied the config file from my old installation before i reinstalled my PC.

Any ideas of what might of changed or how to fix this?

Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

I would try the new '86 AI Ships and AI ship Traffic' by Henrik Nielsen.  Part of his Global AI  Boat Traffic.  Incredible add-on and his latest fixed some stuttering/FPS loss/wake fx issues that his previous version had in P3D (at least on mine).  New version runs great.  Maybe worth a look.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thank you for the advice,

I was actually wondering what has changed since the previous release and do Lockheed know there is a problem...or is it something on my machine?

Ian R Tyldesley

I downloaded the boat traffic above.  It made no difference, even at 10% it drops the frame rate to 5fps...any ideas?

Ian R Tyldesley

That "86 AI ships and AI ship traffic" package is an addon for the "Global AI ship traffic" package. Do you have the rest installed, Ian? Anyway, I have the entire package installed, and it does not affect my framerates in any significant way. There must be something else happening on your PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Same here I have his entire Global Ship Traffic packages installed for and has almost 0 impact even in busy ports. 

The Traffic Optimizer tool can regulate the ship traffic as well.  Might be something to look into. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I installed it after having the same issue with P3D boat traffic, the Global Ship Traffic made no difference, but it was already like this before i installed the Global Ship Traffic.

Ian R Tyldesley

The Traffic Optimizer tool can regulate the ship traffic as well. Might be something to look into.

I could be wrong, but isn't there a post by the developer that says that boat setting in the TO doesn't work properly? I have to go back and look at the TO thread again.

Guest tymk

Global Ship Traffic works great, but it adds to the default boat traffic, so I'd try to disable the default first. Go to "\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\World\scenery\" and move "trafficBoats.bgl" to a backup folder (or rename it to something else, I usually put "OFF" after the extension), then see what happens.

Tym

I thank everybody for there help so far, but to be very clear, this has nothing to do with Global AI Ship traffic.  I was getting the issue with the default P3D ship traffic, i tried the addon to see if that would fix it...it didn't, the problem remained the same. 

Ian R Tyldesley

I could be wrong, but isn't there a post by the developer that says that boat setting in the TO doesn't work properly? I have to go back and look at the TO thread again.

Probably right. I don't use that function in the TO since the Global Ship Traffic developer says running 10 in P3D provides all the traffic and no FPS hit.

WotanUK - Sounds like you may need a clean install. Sadly.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

If not tried yet you say you copied a config file? Maybe you should try with a clean?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Tried it with a clean config file as well...made  no difference

As for reinstalling...no thank you, i have just done that, it's not a quick job.  I can live without ship traffic rather than another reinstall.  Already had Pilots Software interrogate me about the 2 installs previously...  Moved over to FreeMesh, don't fancy losing anything else. 

Ian R Tyldesley

I thank everybody for there help so far, but to be very clear, this has nothing to do with Global AI Ship traffic.  I was getting the issue with the default P3D ship traffic, i tried the addon to see if that would fix it...it didn't, the problem remained the same. 

How many other AI Traffic files do you have installed (not just boats)?

Just the default ones.  I had this problem with the base P3D install. 

Ian R Tyldesley