Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

Unable to get atc to contact me on which rwy to take at TOD

Dave

You suppose  to get  which rwy  to take   roughly  50  or  less  before  TOD  but iam unable  to get   this  when I load  the ppfx flight plan,  but  the strange  thing  when  I load the  flight manually(I type   all the waypoints in  etc) into the pilot2    it  works   so I must be  doing  some  thing  wrong.

This  is  the flight  plan   ENAL/ENGM       this  what   ppfx   gives me    GIGI1F GIGIR Z313 BELGU BELG3M  so I use  the import  option paste  it  in the box  put ENAL and  ENGM than press  import  it  loads  the flight plan  with no issues than  I select  the sid  option  choose rwy   etc  load   than  select  alt/speed   than press   validate  and  file  no issue  as  of  yet   TOD is  displayed  on flight  plan no issues.
Fly  the  route  with atc with no issues till I  get  to within  30 or  so of TOD  that's where  things  go  wrong 

Now  if  I manually  enter the way points  in  I have  no issues at all

the only thing  I can  think off  that iam  doing  it  wrong  is  entering  or  using the import option from ppfx   is  using   GIG11F   and  BELG3M    in the flight plan where  as  I shouldn't  be  so will try  again the  same  route   to see if  leaving  these waypoints  out  and just import   GIGIR Z313 BELGU  to see if  it  works

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I usually prepare for a random runway, and am not advised until after TOD. If you on VATSIM (or IVAO I suppose) I get my runway to be landing on when I contact approach. Recently, center controllers have been giving me runway transitions on a STAR prior to reaching TOD. Listen to the atis, see which flow other traffic is landing on. If all else fails, prepare for a runway and if atc gives you a different one then advise them you are unable to comply or request one of the other active runways. I've had to do that before.

Also, in pfpx what I usually do is copy a route from flight aware and paste it into the route field of pfpx, then click build route instead of using an automatic calculated flight plan. Flight aware gives you real world flight routes

Tanin Shipman

I may be young, but one of these days I'll be flying you around...

That's  what I usually  do but  some  times  the routes  are not  listed   as  per  enal  and  engm  no route listed  as  they  said  n/a  against  the routes,  this  video explains   the issues  is  that  dave  gets the  rwy  etc  before  the tod  where  as  iam not  but  I do  if  I  manually  enter  the  way points  in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

issue  is  resolved  the problem  was  having GIGI1F  BELG3M  at the beginning   and  end  of  the flight plan of  the pfpx  flight plan so instead of having GIGI1F GIGIR Z313 BELGU BELG3M  it  should have  been GIGIR Z313 BELGU

Peter kelberg

Well, I can't help you a whole lot as I have fsx and am not familiar with that weird control panel he's using, sounds like you may need someone tech support as per that specific panel/simulator.

However, if you want my advice, (I'm not trying to be mean) I would seriously consider vatsim. I used to have the robotic atc and it was way too technical. The problem here is that he doesn't know what arrival to expect until atc gives it to him whereas in the real world pilots already know what arrival they're gonna have before they even take off, as specified in their flight plan.

If you can't find routes on flight aware, then I guess use the find option in pfpx. That's acceptable too. The reason vatsim is neat is because it is a lot more flexible as far as planning goes. Also, seems like this guy is in the dispatch office the whole flight. He's spending more time planning than he is flying the plane.

These are just my suggestions tho, as everyone flys differently. But every flight I have, planning like this and for arrivals is just minority stuff as I have it all planned out. If you want more info from me just let me know.

Sorry if I wasn't the best help, but that's my 2 cents. Hope you can get it all figured out.

Tanin Shipman

I may be young, but one of these days I'll be flying you around...

Sorry if I wasn't the best help, but that's my 2 cents. Hope you can get it all figured out.

I  did  read  post  above  yours

Peter kelberg