Sign in to follow this  

Ok ok I know there are several threads on this issue. However no ones came up with a definitive solution. The situation-the other night I was about to do a flight and then I noticed active sky wasn't downloading weather data so I closed it (WHILE THE SIM WAS STILL RUNNING) and decided to use the default weather engine instead. Well, shortly after doing this FSX crashed immediately and the event log said it was the MSVCR80.dll was the problem. ? So then doing further testing, sometimes I get the crash, sometimes not. I even get it when active sky isn't running. Happens in the PMDG 737, don't know about other aircraft.

Crashes happen ranging from just loading at the airport to about 30 min after I've been in the sim. I still haven't found a fix for the issue

Is it because I closed out while the sim was running? I've heard that can cause issues but nothing more

Thanks for all the help

Tanin Shipman

I may be young, but one of these days I'll be flying you around...

Hi,

this is from the Avsim CTD guide :

MSVCR80.dll, MSVCR90.dll, or MSVCR100 – belongs to Microsoft Visual Redistributable
C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 respectfully.  
 Run  the Microsoft.net Repair  Tool – Whenever  you  get  a Microsoft.net  error  or
Microsoft Visual C++ error (faulting module), run the Microsoft.net repair tool.
 Uninstall FSX SP2  if  installed, uninstall it via  the Windows Add/Remove program (it
will not remove FSX,  just SP2).   Restart your system.   Reinstall FSX SP2.   Restart
your system.  
 Uninstall  FSX  Acceleration  if  installed,  do  the  same  procedure as  for  SP2 except
remove  Acceleration,  Restart,  install  Acceleration,  Restart.    These  actions  will  not
remove your configuration files like FSX.cfg, scenery.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml but if you
want to be safe, back them up first.
 If  the  above  does  not  work,  uninstall  Microsoft  Visual  2005,  2008,  or  2010,  as
appropriate in your Add/Remove Programs.   Go  to  the website  (see  section above
regarding Microsoft Visuals), download and reinstall.

Thanks for the fast response!

But I don't understand how or why it happened. I never did anything to change my .net c++ and is it bad to disconnect active sky while fsx is running? Because that's when the errors started happening is when I closed active sky when fsx was still running

Tanin Shipman

I may be young, but one of these days I'll be flying you around...