Sign in to follow this  
johanneswv

Graphics

Hello! I have FSX SE and my graphics are not great to put it like that, but they are not rubbish. I don't know if it has anything with my cpu to do or not, but on my sceneries pretty much everything is like blurry!

Specs:

GeForce GTX 970

Intel® Core™ I5-6400 CPU @ 2.70 GHZ

16 GB RAM

1920x1080, 60 Hz

FSX is much more reliant on the CPU than the GPU and 2.7Ghz is really not that fast. The 970 is more than enough for FSX but you're almost certainly being limited by your CPU.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

What slider settings are you using within FSX?, I used to run FSX on an old dual core and an Ati 4870 for a couple of years with pretty much locked 30fps and smooth but you have to be sensible with the sliders

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

I cut my hamburgers from 28/week to 1 a day and saved the money really fast!!

There you are!!!   Wink!

Peter Sydney  Australia

Thanks for the tip! And does anyone know how i get my FSX to be like smooth and not blurry things all over the place?

And what difference does GHZ make?

GHZ=Gigahertz=Speed....."I feel the need....the need for speed".  It might be helpful, or at least interesting if you

would/could post one screenshot of your "blurry all over the place".   Are you running default scenery?  How are your

scenery sliders set?  You might be interested to know that my system is a 2GHZ processor with 2GB memory and

I have very little blurriness when running.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hello johan(?),

Your rig should run fine with FSX, When was the last time You did a virus Scan, Malware Scan, Cleaned Out Your Caches, and did a good Old "Defrag". When People tell You that You Don't have to do a defrag, its only 1%, Think about it, what is 1% of a Gigillion, that's a lot of bytes, and its is Exactly where You use Your drive the most! Also, if You want to Cutback on one more Hamburger, try a little Program called FSX BoostSpeed, +-$10.00 US, Prepare to be Amazed. Then Here is a Great Site to Check out - "Kostas Flight Sim World" - People around Here Don't seem to like Him much, but he has some Really Good Information Regarding  Tweaking Your Rig, You can eat a Hamburger while Reading !!

Johnman