Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

The A2A Texan is out!

What I found interesting is, with 600 hp this plane cruise speed is slower than Comanche's that have 260hp. Comanche weights 800kgs, and Texan 1800kgs. Yes, it is over two times heavier than Piper, but I simply can't believe that it needed 600hp engine for 120kts cruise?!

Aerodynamics/drag... she's about as sleek as a barn lol 

• Upvote 2

Well, according to Wikipedia and some other sources, typical cruising speed is 145mph = 126kts.

But it can go a lot faster hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

it has a supercharger, so take it up to 12k, set high cruise settings, and let it cruise...and hopefully it will get O2 later so you can take it up even higher.  Remember indicating 145 mph at 12k is roughtly 160kts true airspeed.

All in all a fantastic airplane that makes you work, and gives you feedback as to your skills or lack of.  The T-6 will reward you and humble you lol.  Master the T-6 and anything else you fly will become easier or you will be more skilled at.  A simple AP to give your arm a break during cruise.  A CDI with RXP/GTN capability to fly all IAPs...by hand of course, and with such a nice stable flying airplane, I wouldn't expect any different lol.  then you get to land and try not to groundloop lol.

Cheers

TJ

Let's see some amazing shots

I haven't seen any on the forums here yet!

I've seen a few at a2a

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Aerodynamics/drag... she's about as sleek as a barn lol 

Haha true that!

it has a supercharger, so take it up to 12k, set high cruise settings, and let it cruise...and hopefully it will get O2 later so you can take it up even higher.  Remember indicating 145 mph at 12k is roughtly 160kts true airspeed.

All in all a fantastic airplane that makes you fly, and gives you feedback as to your skills or lack of.  Master the T-6 and anything else you fly will become easier or you will be more skilled at.  A simple AP to give your arm a break during cruise.  A CDI with RXP/GTN capability to fly all IAPs...by hand of course, and with such a nice stable flying airplane, I wouldn't expect any different lol.  then you get to land and try not to groundloop lol.

Cheers

TJ

Oh yes, totally forgot about indicated airspeed. Anyway is this hard to land as other A2A GA planes due to strong ground effect?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Curious, does anyone else get any sort of engine smoke at startup or other times?  Mine is surprisingly smoke free, just wondering if that's how they made it or if I'm missing an effect.  I get wheel smoke when touching down.

There other planes have nice smoke effects when starting, running too rich, worn cylinders etc, but so far not a puff from that big radial.  Just seems a bit odd.

Otherwise, awesome plane, they can nail the shakes and feel of an aircraft.  Also impressed with the sounds, there was a T-6 based at the pervious airport where I kept my plane, and you could always tell when the T-6 was around, they got it perfect.

I appreciate the "heads-up" on the A2A T6.  That's what I love about Avsim.

Well, I just bought it and am heading over to my flightsim computer to install it in a few minutes.  I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

I have to agree.  A2A is one of the most amazing developers.  They really have the passion for reality in simulation.  I love their products and buy everything with Accusim.  It's a great feature.

Such a nice Aircraft. I'll be honest I had no interest in GA or small aircraft in flight sim until I tried A2A :D. I've been flying this bird around thisevening and she is amazing.

Is the Texan the only v3 compatible AC?

Bob

Is the Texan the only v3 compatible AC?

Bob

I have their Comanche, 182, Stratocruiser (my favorite of all), B17, Piper Cub and the Texan all working great in v3.... all installed without issue and updated properly. 

I have their Comanche, 182, Stratocruiser (my favorite of all), B17, Piper Cub and the Texan all working great in v3.... all installed without issue and updated properly.

Thanks Allen,

They mentioned an Axis issue that they are working on with LM. Have you experienced this issue?

Bob

Only the Texan, Comanche, 182, 172 and Cherokee are officially supported in P3D. The others do seem to work OK but A2A can't offer support if there are sim-specific issues that pop up. One little thing I noticed is that the gun sight collimation is broken in P3D for the P51 and P40 (the reticle appears outside of the glass as opposed to only visible through it.)

When you watch the videos the cockpit instruments are clear as a bell. In fact everything you look it is beautifully modeled and the clarity

is so apparent. I am assuming these videos are done with FSX but just curious if this clarity is also present in P3dv3?

Bob

Saw the video and bought the plane.  Would have much preferred a version without the 'Accusim' - strictly a marketing tool but cleverly done.  For those of us with a bit of A&P and/or CFI the word 'superflous' comes to mind.

Thanks Allen,

They mentioned an Axis issue that they are working on with LM. Have you experienced this issue?

Bob

No issues, all seems to be working just fine (I'm using a Warthog HOTAS and CH Pro Pedals).  I think the problem is when using their separate custom input utility, which I have never used.  I set my axis up in the sim directly.

When you watch the videos the cockpit instruments are clear as a bell. In fact everything you look it is beautifully modeled and the clarity

is so apparent. I am assuming these videos are done with FSX but just curious if this clarity is also present in P3dv3?

Bob

I actually think the videos are in P3Dv3 based on the virtual cockpit shadows, but I can report it looks just as good in person in P3Dv3 as it does in their video.  Cockpit is gorgeous.