Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

REX 4 Water

anyone else find the water textures and wave animations not very good in rex  4 there are not many choices for water textures only lbright medium and dark i much prefered essential plus overdrive so many more options plus i think the water looked better with those programmes anyone using any settings on rex 4 that are any good thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

The water is truly awful looks like a sheet of ice at low altitude high up it doesnt look to bad anyone else have the same problem in p3d v3.2

Alexander Shepherd

What I'm noticing is repeating patterns with the water (set to ultra in P3D) - don't think I had that in 3.1.

I use REX Essentials water animations, and colour the water also.  Like the OP stated REX4, in my eyes is not as good as REX Essentials, when it comes to water textures and animations

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

How do you use rex essentials water for p3d v3.2

Use it in P3D  V 2.5

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

but i want to use it in 3.2 can it not be done as i hate the water from rex 4 why didn't they just leave it alone it was so good before.

Alexander Shepherd

but i want to use it in 3.2 can it not be done as i hate the water from rex 4 why didn't they just leave it alone it was so good before.

I'm sure you can get P3D License for REX Essentials. I have a licence for P3D 2.5 for REX Essentials.

spacer.png

I wished they would do something with that blue water. It was being talked about over a year ago, I guess that idea fell by the wayside. That blue water is horrible looking.

Right so i downloaded rex essentials plus overdrive bought the p3d license then installed only the wave animations water and cloud textures into p3d v3.2 now it takes ages to load to the start screen then when i load a flight it goes to 6% and stays there do i have to install all the textures to make it work i have rex 4 texture direct with soft clouds installed aswell can you not mix the 2 as i want the soft clouds i tried reinstalling the rex 4 textures and restored the textures on rex 3 but its still the same any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

This is what my water looks like you can see why im not happy i have the water at ultra and the mesh resolution set to 1 what is going on looks like fs9 water.Crappy%20water.jpg

Alexander Shepherd

I don`t think you are applying the REX water in the P3D. Mine doesn`t look like that all, and I even use Medium or High resolution.

Check again your Rex settings.

Thiago

My%20Signature.jpg

I don't know about you, but my water seems quite OK to me, just tried it. Have REX4TD with SC and P3Dv3.2, all up to date and installed clean recently.

Can you show me a picture of your water i tried installing the rex essentials overdrive water i installed sparkling water and changed the colour of the water textures but everything else i have is from rex4td do you think they could be clashing.

This is what the sea looks like with rex4 water set06 with large wave animation just doesn't look right to me what am i doing wrong.

rex4%20water.jpg

Alexander Shepherd