Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

REX 4 Water

Your  not  by any chance  installing  rex4  after you  have installed rexe  water  by any  chance  since  the  last install will override   what  ever  you had  installed  unless  you  have  unchecked  the water boxes  on rex4   option so  it  wont  load the water  textures.   To  check if  the texture  have  loaded   just go  to  the you rexe  or  rex4  folder  and  open up  the Installog.txt  and  it  will tell you the date  and  what you have  instaaled

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Can you show me a picture of your water i tried installing the rex essentials overdrive water i installed sparkling water and changed the colour of the water textures but everything else i have is from rex4td do you think they could be clashing.

This is what the sea looks like with rex4 water set06 with large wave animation just doesn't look right to me what am i doing wrong.

rex4%20water.jpg

When the camera (aircraft) reaches a certain low altitude threshold the REX wave animations partially become obsolete as the built-in Triton water system kicks in. This is more apparent as the wind speed increases near the surface of the water, as apparent in your screenshot. Unfortunately the repeating patterns are more defined as well, however this is not a REX issue.

Also it's important to note that when HDR is enabled within Prepar3D it will enhance the darker based pixels adapting the luminance if the majority of the viewpoint is within shadow. Perhaps change the HDR settings in P3D until you find a sweet spot.

Another thing, make certain you are using the correct settings in the REX applications specifically tailored for Prepar3D.

Below are some quick tests I performed in Prepar3D v.3 utilizing the same settings you used with the Sparkling wave animations in REX etc.

essodwater1.jpg

essodwater2.jpg

essodwater3.jpg

essodwater4.jpg

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Also never forget to delete all the shaders before you use a new water texture set. I am not 100% sure, but as far as I remember, my REX4 water selection never worked without deleting the shader folder. Currently, I am happy with my P3D water and REX4, and it looks similar to the pictures from Tim Fuchs above on my rig.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Currently, I am happy with my P3D water and REX4, and it looks similar to the pictures from Tim Fuchs above on my rig.

AnkH that water looks pretty good. Can you post the setting you use to get water looking good? Thanks

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I use the settings REX recommends for P3D, if I am not wrong (not in front of my FS computer atm), I selected all DX11 modes in REX 4 Texture Direct, selected the Prepar3d HDR textures and then I did a random texture set. Currently I use the "Glimmer" water set, if I remember correctly. But I have to check later when I am at my FS computer...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Tim any chance you could share a screenshot of your REX settings and your P3D settings? I can't get this kind of water.. in fact, my water looks quite nice in the near distance, but the far distance is like blurried.

Giorgio La Pira

Tim any chance you could share a screenshot of your REX settings and your P3D settings? I can't get this kind of water.. in fact, my water looks quite nice in the near distance, but the far distance is like blurried.

Exactly the same as mine, blurry from far good up close

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

how do i delete the shaders also what settings do i need on.

i deleted all the shaders then installed the water again with dx11 plus i turned the bloom down and brightness and it still looks the same.

Alexander Shepherd

Ok so i know now the water is just not installing from rex 3 as this is meant to be color me beautiful and looks nothing like it this is with hdr off.tropical.jpg

this is my rex 3 settings.rex%20settings.jpg

Yup it is definately only installing rex 4 water textures its weird as the sky textures from rex 3 install.

I think i know what the problem is i installed rex4 water first and can't seem to overwrite it.

Alexander Shepherd

I think i know what the problem is i installed rex4 water first and can't seem to overwrite it.

If you  installed  rexe over  rex4  than   th  the  texture  will replace  the  rex4  textures  that if  you have  got  the  textures  checked  in the option  section,  to check  if the textures  got  loaded  just  need  to  check  your  installog.txt in your  rexe  folder  and  it  will tell  you what texture  were  installed  and  at what date  and  time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I did check and it says they are installed but clearly they arn't there is a problem somewhere.

Alexander Shepherd

I did check and it says they are installed but clearly they arn't there is a problem somewhere.

A permissions problem? Maybe run REX as admin.