Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

FSX has stopped working

Whenever I try to run the PMDG-737 I get the above message and have to quit FSX.

I had to format my hard drive and reinstall all program and wonder:

Should I use the default directory for FSX ? And which one for the PMDG-737 ?

Can anybody think of what else I should do or check ?

Thank you

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

Whenever I try to run the PMDG-737 I get the above message and have to quit FSX.

I had to format my hard drive and reinstall all program and wonder:

Should I use the default directory for FSX ? And which one for the PMDG-737 ?

Can anybody think of what else I should do or check ?

Thank you

HubertWerni

Hey Hubert,

Until someone with more knowledge (which is most of them :blush: ) jumps in : there can be a whole host of reasons for this to happen.  But I do know that installing FSX in the default folder as suggested by Micro$oft is not recommended.  Evidently this can lead to problems with add-ons being unable to write files to the disk.  You should instead choose a different folder, e.g. C:\FSX, when the FSX installer asks you where you want the program installed.  If the folder of your choice does not exist, the installer will create it.  The location of the FSX folder will be recorded in the Windows registry.  Then when you go to install add-ons such as the PMDG 737 NGX, their installers should find that location and put their files where they should be without you needing to do anything.  It's not much, but I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

i get fsx to crash with the wrong screen resolution but im now running fsx-se which has helped this resolve itsself

darren mansell