Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Installing airports into P3DV3

Hi all,

I am making preparations to move from 2.5 to 3.2.  I have quite a few airports (FlyTampa, Aerosoft, ImagineSim, LatinVFR and others) running fine on P3D 2.5.  Some of these companies have good support...others...not so much and even finding out if they have P3DV3 installers is a challenge.  So, my question is, is there a way to install these airports into P3DV3 at this point?  Or is it a waiting game?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi

I'll give it a try as I have made the step a while ago and am still in the process to install scenery:

Flytampa:

I think they have V3 installers for all of their scenery. Having said that, I installed into v3 and then moved the sceneries outside of P3D, even including the effects, without any ill effect. Of course, If you choose to put the effects in a separate outside of P3DV3, you need to declare the folder in effects.cfg,

Aerosoft:

There are some v3 installers see: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/p3dv3/. I have also just linked some sceneries to the Aerosoft directory in V2.5 - again need to copy some effects and also check the AFD folder of Aerosoft. That way I have even imported some sceneries from FSX, with the patches from Simmershome.

LatinVFR:

Some V3 installers around, otherwise I used to same way as for Aerosoft.

ImagineSim:

Don't use their sceneries any more.

T2G:

Some V3 installers available, otherwise as per Aerosoft

FSDG:

New V3 installers all around. Moved out of P3D3V3 folder after installation (see Flytampa)

ORBX:

wait for V3 installers ....

These are but some of them - others will have different ways.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Thanks.  I guess I'll slowly hunt down the installers I can and, once I have enough, do the rebuild.  Kind of a bummer leaving imaginesim KAUS behind...nice scenery.   

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

You can always use the Estonia Migration Tool.  It seems to work for just about everything.

I have that from when I bought 2.3.  Is it compatible with 3.2 or is there an update needed?

Gregg Seipp

Hi Gregg,

I think you want the latest version of EMT from the developers site - I think the "beta" was recommended for V3 at some point - not sure if that's still the case...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Gregg,

I think you want the latest version of EMT from the developers site - I think the "beta" was recommended for V3 at some point - not sure if that's still the case...

Regards,

Scott

Yes you want the Beta.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

From here?  Looks like this version has limited P3D v3 support?  I don't see a beta.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Do you have any UK2000 airports, Gregg? There are P3D installers for all of Gary's Xtreme airports, and they install flawlessly into P3D v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you have any UK2000 airports, Gregg? There are P3D installers for all of Gary's Xtreme airports, and they install flawlessly into P3D v3.

I don't...yet.  Probably one of the very few developers that I don't have any of, in part because of all of the VAS issues I was reading about (and I've had my share).  Honestly, those were probably about Heathrow more than anything.  I just went over and looked at their website and, wow, there are a lot of them.  What ground scenery do most people use there?  Orbx ENG or something else? 

Gregg Seipp

UK2000 airports do not suffer from excessive OOM problems, and that includes Heathrow. As for ground scenery, you have a choice between photographic scenery, ORBx FTX, or default. Obviously the latter is about as attractive as a pig in stockings and suspenders, so forget it!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

UK2000 airports do not suffer from excessive OOM problems, and that includes Heathrow. As for ground scenery, you have a choice between photographic scenery, ORBx FTX, or default. Obviously the latter is about as attractive as a pig in stockings and suspenders, so forget it!

I don't think this is a problem any longer.  I can fly the ConcordeX into UK2000 EGLL and not have OOM with FSX-SE or P3D.  Maybe its a problem if you also have UK2000 EGKK and it is active at the same time as EGLL.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

http://www.flightsim...n-tool#download

Most recent version is from 3/16/2016.

Thanks.

Gregg Seipp