Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

P2A V2.0.0.13 ATIS?

Hello all!  I didn't put this under the bug forum as I wasn't sure if this was just a mistake on my part.  When tuning to the ATIS freq of any airfield I I don't hear or see anything.  I noticed in v1.x it was a text box up top (in XP).  In V2.x I noticed theres no text box or any type of audio readout for the ATIS.  Am I missing something or is this not implemented yet?

-Chris

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Running v2.0.013 over network. No problem hearing ATIS here .I see in the weather info after clicking on the info box right side of menu and clicking the weather tab.

Running v2.0.013 over network. No problem hearing ATIS here .I see in the weather info after clicking on the info box right side of menu and clicking the weather tab.

Im confused - is it a text box within P2A?  Or is it audio?  I def don't hear anything.  Ill have to try the info box and see what pops up.  

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Chris,

P2A gives the weather either in the info box above the map or in the detailed Apt Info panel.

You can also request the weather or an Airport advisory from any controller for any airport with a call like:

"Say airport advisory for Kilo Delta Foxtrot Whiskey"  - this gives you the equivalent of the information of ATIS.

or you can ask for weather, or just winds in a similar fashion.

The actual ATIS reports from the ATIS frequency come from the SIM, so you have to be connected and the SIM cannot be paused.  You may have to adjust the sound settings to allow ATC voices in some SIMs.  (This isn't necessary in X-Plane, but I believe it is in FSX and possibly P3D).

Hope this helps,

Dave

Bizarrely, I lost all ATIS in x-plane too, on the same day you did. I was baffled but I just this minute figured out the cause - all the volume sliders in XP's Sound dialog had got set to zero.

Could P2A have caused this Dave? I never touch the sliders myself and it happened after I installed 2.0.0.13. You said there was some new volume control but I haven't looked to see what it controls.

Chris,

P2A gives the weather either in the info box above the map or in the detailed Apt Info panel.

You can also request the weather or an Airport advisory from any controller for any airport with a call like:

"Say airport advisory for Kilo Delta Foxtrot Whiskey"  - this gives you the equivalent of the information of ATIS.

or you can ask for weather, or just winds in a similar fashion.

The actual ATIS reports from the ATIS frequency come from the SIM, so you have to be connected and the SIM cannot be paused.  You may have to adjust the sound settings to allow ATC voices in some SIMs.  (This isn't necessary in X-Plane, but I believe it is in FSX and possibly P3D).

Hope this helps,

Dave

Ill give this a shot tonight.  I was just tuning to the ATIS and was expecting to hear a broadcast.  All other audio seems to be fine.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Bizarrely, I lost all ATIS in x-plane too, on the same day you did. I was baffled but I just this minute figured out the cause - all the volume sliders in XP's Sound dialog had got set to zero.

Could P2A have caused this Dave? I never touch the sliders myself and it happened after I installed 2.0.0.13. You said there was some new volume control but I haven't looked to see what it controls.

No, I don't see any way for P2A to change volume settings for other programs.  It only controls the volume of its own playbacks.

This is certainly a weird one.  Sometimes I hear the ATIS, other times just silence.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS