Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Juhu Aerodrome

Hi All,

This airport is west of the Mumbai International airport, a airport for GA and flight training . 

More information  :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juhu_Aerodrome

First attempt at an airport creation using WED.  I managed to create the runway and the ATC frequencies but I think the airport is getting located somewhere else :).

Will try to add some aircrafts and buildings using all the free libraries available.

Hope I create this airport and don't back off.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think I have aligned the airport at the proper location. :)

Well I had to delete the whole airport and start from scratch. 

@Janov

I am following the runway creation part in your video. But I am facing an issue. When I select the coordinates which is " 19° 5'50.22"  this in Google Earth so I try to make it  19.55022 the silly thing in WED goes to 19.00000 and the runway is completely misaligned. Can you help a bit here ?

Its 4:18 a.m. but got work home and trying WED and somehow managed to create the runways at least.

If someone wants to use the runways to further enhance it be my guest , i am uploading to dropbox right now.

Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8j6s20irejtlf2/Juhu%20Aerodrome.rar?dl=0  airport code is VAJJ I have added the ATC frequencies found on IVAO website for Approach and Tower.  But I guess most of the traffic would be governed by the VABB international airport which is around 2 klics east.  There is a VABB airport scenery at the org. 

I am planning on the PPL training here which hosts the Bombay Flying Club.

It still may not be aligned properly because it is all too confusing for me. I have no details about the NW runway but I will research further. Once this airport is done I am planning for the one in Mysore VOMY and will take a flight towards Brindavan Gardens which is a lovely place with musical colorful fountains usually on holidays. Will probably use Ortho4xp for Mysore photo scenery.

Managed to get the exclusion zone working.  I will try to add hangars and surrounding objects using OE but when I can't say.

Now I couldn't sleep , so I went and added a lot of trees for certain areas in Mumbai especially south of VAJJ. 

I am going to test the scenery and then upload the new one to dropbox.

The scenery contains a lot of objects from different libraries like :

MisterX

CDB

Opensceneryx

JB

Waves Library.

and the others I don't remember as it's the first time I am trying to create this. 

I have used OE to add these objects. Please feel free to edit / update. 

is it ok to use the airport under OE and add objects ? 

Hmmm I have given the correct coordinates to the runway but when I look at the runway in XPlane it is misaligned.

Nice to see you getting your hands dirty.

My guess is you're not using decimal degrees which is what WED wants. Covert the coordinates first to decimal degrees and it should then line up

Nice to see you getting your hands dirty.

My guess is you're not using decimal degrees which is what WED wants. Covert the coordinates first to decimal degrees and it should then line up

Why do you have to pop up and given me mathematical advise ? my head is spinning anyways :) 

I am doing exactly what Janov has said in his youtube vids. But strangely its not working :).

Hi there Tony.

Yeah I thought I would do something for India. 

I am very happy that you are starting on Indian airports! It is a huge area with many airports, and I have flown to 3 of them myself - I would love to see that area fleshed out a bit better in X-Plane!

To get google-earth to display "decimal degrees":

1.) go to Tools

2.) go to Options

3.) select tab 3D View

4.) In the box "Show Lat/Lon" select the first option "Decimal degrees"

Then you should be able to "copy" the information from google earth and insert it into WED like I did in the video.

And yes, you can use Overlay Editor to add objects, I personally like WED better for that, but that is purely a matter of preference, I think.

Jan

I am very happy that you are starting on Indian airports! It is a huge area with many airports, and I have flown to 3 of them myself - I would love to see that area fleshed out a bit better in X-Plane!

To get google-earth to display "decimal degrees":

1.) go to Tools

2.) go to Options

3.) select tab 3D View

4.) In the box "Show Lat/Lon" select the first option "Decimal degrees"

Then you should be able to "copy" the information from google earth and insert it into WED like I did in the video.

And yes, you can use Overlay Editor to add objects, I personally like WED better for that, but that is purely a matter of preference, I think.

Jan

The airport I am doing is actually missing in Xplane.  The other airport I am thinking of is Mysore Airport a pretty cool place.

Thanks for the google earth conversion advice. Should be much simpler now.

I want to use OE so that I can place some other objects around the airport, want to make it look nice. Because OE has the ability of using Ortho imagery on the fly.  

Thanks again.

Yes, Ortho imagery on the fly is nice, but I find OE much too slow to move around and add stuff with. I use WEDbing to place my imagery, it automatically downloads and imports Bing-Maps into WED to be used as reference:

https://wedbing.wordpress.com/

You have to tinker a bit to get it to work, but it is my absolute no.1 "sine qua non" WED tool!

Good luck, Jan