Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Juhu Aerodrome

OKie.  LFLJ is a pretty good place to fly, sadly not on the laptop.

leaving for home now. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Anyone wanna try my airport ?

made some few changes, still don't know how to do that taxi route because it kept saying something about zero stops.  

Anyone wanna try my airport ?

One thing you have to get used to when doing (small) airports is that it SEEMS like no-one cares. You will not get any feedback and nobody will want to test or look at an airport you made. I have done over 300 airports, and thats just the way it is :smile: , especially when you are doing an airport that no one ever flies to (like some small field in Germany or India...)

You have to take solace in the fact that you have an airport that you like to fly yourself, and maybe (if you upload it to the Scenery Gateway) sometimes, someone might happen across it and say "my, what a lovely little well-done airport!"

If you want feedback, do one of the mega-airports that everyone flies to, do it in great custom detail and then upload it to the .org - but you have to be GOOD to get good comments - look at Mr.X6´s airports to get an idea what the level required is.

For me it´s being part of a community effort - every airport done is one off the list (of 35.212 total world-wide airports).

Don´t get discouraged, just work for yourself, strive to get better and feel good about filling the map: http://x-plane.cleverest.eu/

Jan

• Upvote 2

@Janov

PLEASE CHECK THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE IN THIS POST ABOUT ORTHO MAGIX

300 airports is like WOW.  

Haha yeah true no one would want a small airport and hardly any sims in India. Actually not discouraged :)

Good idea about uploading it to the scenery gateway. Will do that once I have a satisfactory view of the airport.

Yeah MrX's airports are very very good. Let me finish this airport and lets see what I can do for the larger ones.

thanks.

I WANT!!!!!

Hoiw can I get it  Zulfi ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I will upload it to dropbox. but it requires certain libraries

Some progress with the airport, need to put up taxiways and some more buildings / hangars.

Wedbing is very helpful here.

Should look good with W2XP generated data as OSM coverage in this area is getting better.  

Screenshots or it didn't happen  :dance:

Hahaha ok when I reach home later tonight I promise a screen shot of OSM with OSM2XP ;)

Screenshots, Screenshots, Screenshots....!!!!!  :smile:

To fill the gaps left by DCS and il2 BoS.....

Puleeeeze!

I want the whole India!!!! You have a month Zulfi!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Screenshots, Screenshots, Screenshots....!!!!!  :smile:

To fill the gaps left by DCS and il2 BoS.....

Puleeeeze!

I want the whole India!!!! You have a month Zulfi!

WHAT ! I am not a developer :) I am a pilot.

I don't understand all that development. I am using W2XP for creating those buildings from OSM. 

One thing you have to get used to when doing (small) airports is that it SEEMS like no-one cares. You will not get any feedback and nobody will want to test or look at an airport you made. I have done over 300 airports, and thats just the way it is :smile: , especially when you are doing an airport that no one ever flies to (like some small field in Germany or India...)

You have to take solace in the fact that you have an airport that you like to fly yourself, and maybe (if you upload it to the Scenery Gateway) sometimes, someone might happen across it and say "my, what a lovely little well-done airport!"

If you want feedback, do one of the mega-airports that everyone flies to, do it in great custom detail and then upload it to the .org - but you have to be GOOD to get good comments - look at Mr.X6´s airports to get an idea what the level required is.

For me it´s being part of a community effort - every airport done is one off the list (of 35.212 total world-wide airports).

Don´t get discouraged, just work for yourself, strive to get better and feel good about filling the map: http://x-plane.cleverest.eu/

Jan

These are very wise words!

While I'm nowhere near 300 airports (I'm at three dozen), I have a goal of ensuring that every strip in my home province of Alberta (Canada) has decent 3D scenery that will be part of default X-Plane.  This means building airports for the Gateway, and using the default library only.  Because I'm building for the Gateway, I know I'm never going to get any feedback.  One day someone might simply be pleased that the short flight they took east of the Rockies had a decent airport at the start and finish, without having to add any custom scenery.

And more importantly, it's where *I* fly. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

.  Because I'm building for the Gateway, I know I'm never going to get any feedback.

Yes - even though Laminar DID introduce a certain "feedback system" a while ago. If you happen across an airport you like very much, you can head to the Scenery Gateway, log in (need to register first), go to the airport you like (or dislike) and leave a "comment". This is distinctly different from "report an issue", which has it´s own tab.

So if you find a global (default) airport you like and are happy that it´s there - let the artist know! I know that I spend a lot more effort on an airport that I know is getting used, maybe even by someone who is familiar with the real airport, than on an airport that I do just for the sake of completeness.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

You guys have patience which I lack , I want everything quick :)

Here are some shots of W2XP 

I have only taken a small area due to the limitation of downloading a larger area directly from openstreetmap. Used JSOM to download this.

The first one shows VAJJ Aerodrome and the second is I think more towards the south of the airport.

So OSM data has actually increased in this area from the last time I tried well that was almost a year back.

Not using HDR but the LOD is set to high. and objects /roads /traffic are almost to the high. 

Don't know why that helis is up in the air . I thought I put it on the ground.

VAJJ2.jpg

VAJJ1.jpg

Looking Great!

Main Simulation Rig: