Sign in to follow this  
3Green

Real World FlightSim addict needs your help...

I simulate real world flights, and try to duplicate real world airline flights to the Tee....For example, before I fly a scheduled airline flight in flight simulator, I track it on the Internet (in real time), capture the exact flight path, altitude, and flight times. I then download the same weather the flight flew in, and set up a flight in Flight Simulator, to simulate all the details of the real world flight. However, one thing I don't know is the real registration of the aircraft that has flown that flight. My question to you.... How can I get the registration of an aircraft on a particular flight? I know the aircraft type, but would like to know the registration of that aircraft? Is there anyone out there that tries to simulator real world flights to this detail? Is there a way of knowing the registration of world flights when tracking them on the Internet?...Thanks

I'm the same way you are. Infact, believe it or not, at work I have a background from airliners.net of a JAL taking off from Las Vegas, (my hometown) and I downloaded a JAL paint for my PMDG 744, and it was the same plane! (registration that is). So I guess the N numbers (for the US) you can just look up what type of aircraft you are going to fly, what airports you will be flying in of and out of and of course the airline you will be simulating. Then use airlinres.net great search engine and finf the reg #'s which are put in the comments if you can see them on the plane itself. That's what I do at least, but most painters put in a real reg number for the aircraft config anyway. Hope that helps. Also, you can go to the different airlines websites and download timetables, those help a bunch with all info except the flight plan.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

that is extremely hard to do, especially if you are flying a low cost airline such as Southwest, who changes their fleet schedules daily some times.