Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Best way to set up the Saitek Rudder without FSUIP

How do P3D V3 users set up their rudders in the P3D settings. I am really struggling to hit the centre line sometimes?

I was looking at the rudder setting s in P3D. The sensitivity is turned all the way up. But I am not sure about the other settings. The null areas.

In Britain we have just recived the remnants of storm Katie, so I did some circuits EGKK into 26L.  Just hand fllying whilst trying to follow the ILS LOC and Glide path, but without the AP.  This was quite problem because the plane was yawing in the cross wind as you would expect. So the course on the APP mode on the map looks more like 2 o'clock as the planes nose points into the wind. The wind was something like 190/23. ( this is from memory so may not be correct.)

I think something isn't quite set up right here. A fatal combination of flying in strong wind and not having the pedals set up right. I know you can use the rudder trim which I try and use. Where is the best place to look and improve this?

Jools

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have no problem setting up the rudder pedals directly in P3Dv3. Full sensitivity, I add 3% null zone for rudders to reduce the chance of inadvertent brake input when touching pedals. This is only to address the case where parking brakes are set.  Same approach for the Thrustmaster HOTAS stick and throttle. P3D recognizes all buttons and switches no problem.

I only use FSUIPC to display VAS remaining on the window title bar and to convert controller buttons/switches to keycommands for the benefit of PMDG which does not have an option for controller buttons/switches in the FMC keycommands set up menu.

I have no problem setting up the rudder pedals directly in P3Dv3. Full sensitivity, I add 3% null zone for rudders to reduce the chance of inadvertent brake input when touching pedals. This is only to address the case where parking brakes are set.  Same approach for the Thrustmaster HOTAS stick and throttle. P3D recognizes all buttons and switches no problem.

I only use FSUIPC to display VAS remaining on the window title bar and to convert controller buttons/switches to keycommands for the benefit of PMDG which does not have an option for controller buttons/switches in the FMC keycommands set up menu.

Ok thanks. It might just be that I am not tackling the cross winds that well. Even with the fall rudder on full one second, then before you know it I'm  the other side of the runway, with the wing quite low.

I like the ramdomness of bad weather, so I have ASN on all the time. And this night it happend to be very windy.

I was doing some basic take off and landings today, and the rudders just seem very unresponisive. Even when stabilised on final approach. I have them set to full senistivity and no dead zones, in P3Dv3.2

I mean I am stepping on them sometimes and it seems like nothing is happening. Maybe the real 737 is difficult to fly. I believe the hardware is working correctly because the BEFORE TAXI checks involve a confidence test of all flight controls. And I get a full rudder left and right. I have done a calibration and I don't think it has really helped.

I mean I am stepping on them sometimes and it seems like nothing is happening.

I've not had this experience.  Is the yaw indicator on the PFD responding to rudder input?  What comes to mind is pilot technique, rudder/yaw is generally not used on final approach until just before flare... you should be flying with a crab or wind correction angle to maintain localizer.

I've not had this experience.  Is the yaw indicator on the PFD responding to rudder input?  What comes to mind is pilot technique, rudder/yaw is generally not used on final approach until just before flare... you should be flying with a crab or wind correction angle to maintain localizer.

I discovered by mistake,what the problem was when looking at the realisim settings in P3D. It was just that auto rudder was on.  I am pretty sure you are not meant to fly with this on.