Sign in to follow this  
castarr

Project Airbus Models Help me remember..I'm old!

I have searched far and wide..on the forums..and not able to locate my question:

Why are these Project Airbus models (A318, A319, A320, A321)((FS9 for use in FSX)) refusing to gain speed and take off?

I set my realism to easy...and used the default panel from 737-800 in fsx

I have attempted to reconfigure aircraft.cfg..set fuel to "0" nothing is working...

If i attempt to configure aircraft.cfg..the plane does not show up...

Anyway..I'm stumped...

If anyone remembers what a workaround was...feel free to share..if you get time..

thank you in advance..

Respectfully

Chris 

Where exactly are you getting these aircraft from?  Are they complete aircraft and ready to fly?  Did you put the

737 panel in for testing?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, they are ready to fly..and downloaded Project Airbus models...A318 A319 A320 A321 here at avsim. long ago..

I had placed the models..in a pending folder until i wanted to use them...

Yes, tried the 737 panel also...

And when i started...they won't leave the ground...ground speed only gets to like 80knts and i run out of runway!

I've attempted to load "0" fuel..tried to reconfigure aircraft cfg..no luck...

There is something amiss...i'm probably not doing something right...but can't figure out what it is....

Oh the life of a simmer....lol

thanks for replying

Chris

I can't find the A320 version on avsim, but there was an update to the PA Airbus made which is a full package, complete with VC and works 100% correctly. You can download it here to ensure you have a fully updated, properly working version: http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/6/674 However, I can't see why your aircraft would be behaving like this. If you don't want to download the file I linked, my advice is to check your weight, then try removing it then installing it again. 

I did find a Projectairbus A-318 full download with livery.  I did change it to FSX by installing the 737-800 panel

and my own sound folder.  I did a quick takeoff test using 50% fuel in all tanks.  Max N1 was about 94%, which was

plenty for takeoff and climb, but would not be too good with full tanks.  It's definitely under powered.  You can

probably monkey around with some of the numbers in this area to give a little more power boost.

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar=1.00

[TurbineEngineData]  
fuel_flow_gain=0.0018  //0.00194
inlet_area=21.3000
rated_N2_rpm=15183.000000
static_thrust=21740.000000  //MCT CFM56-5B6 21630 5B5 20250 5B9 MAX MSL 23300 5B8 MAX MSL 21600 Underpower 24570
afterburner_available=0
reverser_available=1
bypass_ratio=6.00

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I sure thank you..for the tips...tell you what...let me do some more work with these models...based on what we have..so far..and

i'll reply back...as soon as i get some test runs....hopefully..this will remedy..the issue..

I saved that link...in favorites..

thanks buddy roos!!

Chris

The PA A318 worked great..got it airborne..now the A319 (FS9 for use in FSX) is a strange cookie...I did fresh install..put the FSX 737-800 panel in

set my fuel to "zero's" and by "cracky" the thing should've been flying..but it creeped down runway..got only to 90knots by end of runway

I'm not getting acceleration down the runway...something's amiss...it should have flown..

What could it be????  :Confused:

Even tried the A318 aircraft cfg..stuff for the A319...did not work..still creeped..no acceleration..

Fuel set to "zero"  for all tanks means fuel starvation.  Try 10-20% in all tanks.  Sounds like time to look for

another brand of airbus products.

I just tried a Projectairbus A-319-112 that was using the 737 cockpit.  Once again max N1 was 90% at

full throttle.  No problem achieving takeoff speed and, for the record, I'm using a 5000 foot 

runway at LO8 in the California desert.

Charlie Aron

i put a 10% fuel each tank..and rev'd up...the throttle..my N1 on 737 panel...showed 50% max..

No speed to get it aloft! Hmmmmmm.....Project Airbus A319 was such a  nice model...too...

I sure thank you...it's a mystery to me....all the things that should get it going..have flunked!

(Scratching my head trying to figure it out)

Have you tried any other aircraft recently?  Have you made any changes to your default flight?  I did myself in

a few months ago while fooling around.  I managed to change my default flight aircraft (baron58) prop RPM

levers to minimum setting.  After that I could get very little speed out of my prop planes.  I scratched my head

over that for a while.

Charlie Aron

yes..other aircraft..do fine...no changes to my default flight..

I'll keep trying..to figure..why this A319 and the A321...won't get up to speed down the runway..for takeoff...

In review: I use the 737-800 default panel..tried to use..speeds the A318 had in the aircraft.cfg. (since it had no issue) 

I bet the remedy..is staring right at me! knowing my luck..lol

thank you (cross your fingers)

Well..I knew my problem resolve was staring right at me!!!!!

I set the N1 settings manually..on my default 737-800 panel to rev up those engines..to get it to down the runway...

My normal "easy" flying..i just used the joysticks throttle lever to adjust speeds..thinking that's how these Project Airbus's would work...they were too slow..

but setting N1 to around 90...i have no issue now...

thanks for helping charliearon..and hamoody!

Until i can't figure something out again...

see in the forum!

respectfully,

Chris