Sign in to follow this  
timest

Sort of Disappointed

The BEV autogen is lit, but currently there are no BEV night ground textures. So currently, after nightfall, you will see whatever night ground textures you had installed before you installed BEV.BEV night textures will be a free release to BEV owners, and are expected to be available around the 1st of the year. Stephen has said he is planning up to 3 variations of night textures to pick from with the configuator.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest ThrottleUp

Im not keen on getting UT but I get the impression that BEV will almost be "incomplete" without it...am I right? Will I be missing out on a lot by using just BEV?Im not interested in roads etc. I like my FSGlobal & FSGenesis Mesh and Id just like some new textures (BEV) yay :)

The key to understand BEV is it is just textures. You will hopefully agree the BEV textures are a nice improvement to whatever you have.Many folks have been confused and wonder if it adds roads, or puts their home town into FS when it wasn't there before and so on. Many of us scenery junkies, including the whole BEV team, like all the enhancements UT gives you. But if you see highways, rivers, or more accurate placement of city tiles in our screenshots, it is not because BEV put them there. BEV will simply replace whatever city, forest, field or mountain tile with a different and hopefully better texture. Think of it as re skinning a plane. You still have the same plane underneath the texture.So yes, you sure don't need UT. Though I love it. ;)Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

I havent purchased ultimate terrain because I am weary at what all my airports and scenery will look like that ive already downloaded and/or purchased.Still looking forward to BEV though, even if it's only summer textures

Guest aarskringspier

Alex I dont think you can go wrong with UT. Its the single reason I hardly fly in Europe anymore is because there is no UT available. I can not stand the look fo the default anymore. Give it a shot, remember Flight1 has the money back garuntee.

Guest TPT82

Hi,There are not too many add ons that I have not purchased. Having said that. If I had to get rid of all add-ons but one, I would choose to keep UT. I love the effects of FE, ASV, and FS Genisis mesh. But, when I just do pattern work, fly out to the practice area to do turns around a point, or stalls. There is just nothing like looking down from 3500 feet and seeing lakes, RR's, streams, and roads where they belong. I can actually fly back to my airport by following the interstate (just like real life). I love VFR flying. UT has made it possible for me to look down and see pretty much what I see in real life. Obviously the buildings are not correct, and you cannot see traffic moving as you would in real life. But for me seeing landmarks in the right place is priceless.Since this is a BEV thread. I will state for the record that I plan to be one of the first people to jam Flight One's servers when BEV is released}( . I have to salute all of the Add on developers. They really make this hobby a lot of fun. I have been buying FS since FS4 (I think?). I just cannot believe how good every thing looks now.Just my humble thoughts.Nick

Guest PeterRoberts

Hello,It's worth to wait BEV product are very nice.BestPeter

I was excited about this release, until I realized that this company is releasing Summer textures at the end of Fall. I always fly on the exact calendar day, so this is of no use to me. I have a hard time understanding the point of releasing something that's basically only relevant a year from now. ricardo

>I have a hard time understanding the point of releasing>something that's basically only relevant a year from now. For you maybe it will be relevant a year from now. Not for everybody. Also summers textures best showcase the technology and are generally most difficult so no wonder they started to work on them first. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

purchased, installed, fixed some fs genesis issues while I waited for the download. so far so good, the few issues I posted on the forum are very minor. You are right, thanks for the tip. It does look amazing.

This "Trilogy" notion only highlights how expensive this hobby is becoming all up many hundreds of dollars in excess of the sim itself unless you restrict your flying to one season in one continent.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

you can fly with the default textures, or use the alternate ones available as freeware. bluesphere I think is one? I use lenarts, they rock