Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9-Evo 2015-16 FS9 still puts out some of the best cloudscapes out there...

I have all of the major programs for FSX, P3D, and XP, weather wise...

but still, in my personal opinion, it is Active Sky Evolution in FS9 mode, REX2004 Extreme generating within FS9, that puts out the most intense, most realistic, and gorgeous looking clouds and atmospherics of any of my other sims mentioned.  Whether it is the color pallets of FS9, what ever...but as I fly through these gorgeous sky renderings...it just seriously brings such joy to the eyes.  I love 'em all...but if I had to choose one sim that puts out such fabulous cloud renderings...folks,...it would be such as you see here, in the following three screen grabs this morning, heading out of Prince Edward Island, on our way to Toronto Pearson.

Whether it is storming, or raining (as it is right now climbing out of Charlotte), whether it is azure blue skies...or thick scud...we scrape through....nothing comes close to FS9 and the above powerhouse programs, to produce weather metrics....  Of course this is a personal opinion, that I share...and for that, is totally subjective to the viewer... (smile). All the others produce pastel depictions....but FS9, always has produced deep, intense colorization...and shadow timbre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

intense.png

intense2.png

intense3.png

Just a couple more, before I shut down the camera, and stay in the cockpit (smile).

Happy flying, all!

Flight deck out, from Prince Edward Island....

intense4.png

intense5.png

intense6.png

Some really nice weather shots, Mitch.  I still enjoy FS9 witn Evo and active sky. Thanks for continuing to show some great FS9 pics.  

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Some really nice weather shots, Mitch.  I still enjoy FS9 witn Evo and active sky. Thanks for continuing to show some great FS9 pics.  

My pleasure, Carl!

For everything that I have, crammed onto my system...I keep coming back, time and time again, to such as this....eye candy deluxe...  :smile:

Just south of Montreal...about a half hour out from Toronto... :)

intense8.png

Just sneakin' up on Cornwall, Ontario...soon going to be handed off to Toronto Centre...
St. Lawrence River about to give way to Lake Ontario....out to our right...

intense9.png

Just about to say hello to Kingston, Ontario....and getting the cabin ready for arrival....

intense10.png

Here we go....TOD...clearing down for a number-rub...at Toronto Pearson....

Have a good day all:)

intense11.png

Nice pictures Mitch. Nice CB also. But snow at 22k ft, that is only possible in FS :dance:

Cheers

Pierre

Nice pictures Mitch. Nice CB also. But snow at 22k ft, that is only possible in FS :dance:

Cheers

As you saw...snow popping around me, lol.  You never know with this crazy weather!   Landed in Toronto about 20 minutes ago...great flight in from Charlotte, Prince Edward Island...

:))))

Cheers,

Ses

Mitch, are you using Evo lights? For some reason, I have no success with those.

Care to comment on how to do?

Tks

Pierre

Mitch, are you using Evo lights? For some reason, I have no success with those.

Care to comment on how to do?

Tks

Sure am....but I don't quite understand your comment, 'I have no success with those'...for in my case...it was merely install and forget.  What problems are you having, and hopefully I can help you out.  Are you by chance using any U.T. product?  If so...you might want to post to Sascha...and he can certainly set you on the right path as to what you click on...and what you do not click on, for U.T. road lights.  Some of them compete with the EVO lights...and that might just be your problem.  

Mitch

Yes, I have UT. I have no EVO lights. Downloaded the necessary file from the RU site. Still no joy.

Yes, I'll talk to Sascha.

Thank you

Pierre

Yes, I have UT. I have no EVO lights. Downloaded the necessary file from the RU site. Still no joy.

Yes, I'll talk to Sascha.

Thank you

He would truly be the authority for to help you...just PM him...and I hope you get them working.  They truly are quite fantastic..especially the latest ones...

Mitch

Wow!  B)

FS9 really puts the 'cloud' into the word, sky, after Active Sky Evolution and REX2004 Extreme are playing in its sandbox...  :Star: