Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

PSS A320 reinstall win 7 64 problem.

Hi,

As I am trying to reinstall using genuine CD, the setup stops prompting :

"An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed".

Anyone else has ever faced it ?

EDIT1 : A similar problem with PSS A340 (genuine CD). The setup stops without any prompt.

EDIT2 : Neither PSS DHC-300 would continue setup. In all-three cases the "Just validating"

phase is missing. Maybe the setup doesn't like the the 64 bit OS ?

Sotiris Stavrakis

Have you tried copying the disk to a hard drive?  That may or may not help. If it does not then the installer is probably 16 bit and simply won't work in a 64 bit environment or the RPC was to a remote server that no longer exists.

DJ

Do you know anyone with a 32bit version of Windows who would let you install it on their PC?  You could then copy it over to your own PC????  Just a thought, that's all.

Dijvid

DJ,

I did copy it the hard drive, I even used a desktop shortcut and ran it with no good results. This time it could not load

FSMod.dll.

Dijvid,

I tried to copy and paste from my previous winXP SP3, but the PSS panel did not show up.

Yet, I am just wondering, if I was the only one that came across the issue out of all FS community.

Sotiris Stavrakis

A32XX,

I want to tell you "a million thanks", as it worked now !

Take care.

Sotiris Stavrakis