Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

My Traffic 6 Question

Hello Pilots, I was just wondering if MT6 can be installed in P3dv3.1 now without any special tweaks to get it to work? Has anyone tried it with the MT6 communicator?  Thanks.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I had it working in 3.1, and currently have it working in 3.2 using the revised install guide. I did however need to disable military traffic as I was getting unexplained ctd's without oom. After disabling military traffic, smooth sailing. Using mt6a. The communicator still has all options greyed out so disabling default AI and Military has to be done manually.

I have had it in 2.5, 3.0, 3.1 and now 3.2 works great. I too disabled military traffic dues to it causing crashes of P3D. No problems since. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80830-new-mt6-user-with-p3d-v31-crashes/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I had it working in 3.1, and currently have it working in 3.2 using the revised install guide. I did however need to disable military traffic as I was getting unexplained ctd's without oom. After disabling military traffic, smooth sailing. Using mt6a. The communicator still has all options greyed out so disabling default AI and Military has to be done manually.

Hello, when you say disabling Military traffic is it a check off  do you mean delete it from the file?

I have had it in 2.5, 3.0, 3.1 and now 3.2 works great. I too disabled military traffic dues to it causing crashes of P3D. No problems since. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80830-new-mt6-user-with-p3d-v31-crashes/

Thanks Bob, BTW I liked your thread on "amazing"

Yes just use MyTraffic6.0a installer

Thanks Kevin

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hello, when you say disabling Military traffic is it a check off  do you mean delete it from the file?

rename the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What he said, super easy!

Sorry to hear it does not work for you. I have never had to disable military traffic in any version of MyT or P3D to have it working.  Could you elaborate as to what it is with your set-up that requires you to do so?

Clayton

Thanks Bob.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Bob is it best as the guide said to install MT6 outside of P3d? I have a lot of space on another hard drive.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Bob is it best as the guide said to install MT6 outside of P3d? I have a lot of space on another hard drive.

I used the suggested default for all my addons, and MT6 install  put it here  C:/My Traffic professional. 

I used the suggested default for all my addons, and MT6 install  put it here  C:/My Traffic professional. 

Thanks Bob, that is where I will put it. Reading the installation guide now.  

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Bob, I finished reading the install guide and started my install. I have some questions that I need a little help on.

I noticed that "manageSimObjects.cfg-v3" is grayed out in the communicator so I guess I have to go to my p3d.cfg file and install "SimObjectsPaths?=My Traffic\Aircraft" is this correct? Also, in my p3dv3 cfg file the paths are not numbered, just "[Main], User Objects= Airplane, Helicopter," ect.   Guess I would add SimobjectsPaths.0=My Traffic\Aircraft.

Also what is the path or how do I get to the editor configuration?

I have already installed MT6 where it said too install and localized it in my F: drive where P3dv3 is located.  This is where I am now. Thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi guys - I just did a clean reinstall of P3D after the latest update.  I have MT6 still installed and now need to get it working again with P3D.  I did a lot of mods adding different aircraft models so I am trying to figure out how to get it working again without needing to do a clean install of it and losing the changes I have made.  Thanks for any help!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Eric,

You can use the My Traffic 6 Communicator,  here is a guide for that  http://www.avsim.com/topic/483116-how-do-i-install-my-traffic-60a-for-prepar3d-v3/

--------------------------------------------------

Or you can do it Manually which is probably less complicated then using the Communicator

Install My Traffic 6 Outside the Prepar3D folder,  Like your C\D Drive  

Doing it without the Communicator:

You have to connect My Traffic 6 to Prepar3D by 2 ways....

First by adding your Entry to simobjects.cfg located here  ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Follow the steps in the image below.      Double Click on simobjects.cfg.   Your simobjects Note pad will pop up.   Add your new Entry in at the bottom.   4 Go to File and Click Save 

24170003946_c57d36d344_o.png

Adding the MyTraffic folder to Prepar3D Scenery Library 
Start Prepar3D.  Click world (Top Left)  Click Scenery Library.    1 Add Area.  2 and 3 Browse through your Drives and Click MyTraffic,  this is the exact folder that you should add.  4 and Click ok.  

24511000569_46c1b6a807_o.png

The correct folder is The MyTraffic folder  

24760907562_6068794c9e_o.png

To finish off

Start Prepar3D, pick an airport, let it load up and confirm you can see Traffic,  Once you see Traffic close Prepar3D again.

Locate and Delete your Shaders folder,  When you start Prepar3D again it will generate a new Shaders folder

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479630-where-to-find-my-shaders-folder-prepar3d/

• Upvote 1