Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Moving maps for tablets?

Just got a wireless tablet and now looking for apps for P3D. A moving map would be cool and maybe a cdu if possible. Really new at this but excited about the possibilities.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yeah I would like to see a moving map as well. I know there are apps for CDUs like the Captainsim 777 CDU. I think in the AVSIM library there is a CDU app for PMDG.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

If you are in North America - start with "FltPlan GO" - - - it's totally free and includes Geo Referenced Approach Plates and Taxi Diagrams...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I use Remote Flights MapHD .  It's very good.  Have had it for the past 3 years.

it's totally free and includes Geo Referenced Approach Plates and Taxi Diagrams...

Brilliant.  I think I'll take a look at this.

Hi,

here's another one, which is quite new: Instructor Station, https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/

It's not totally free but comes with quite a number of additional functions beyond just a Moving Map. I don't use it on a tablet but on a networked laptop, but it's mainly designed for mobile devices.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi,

here's another one, which is quite new: Instructor Station, https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/

It's not totally free but comes with quite a number of additional functions beyond just a Moving Map. I don't use it on a tablet but on a networked laptop, but it's mainly designed for mobile devices.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, I tried the site but found it a bit strange. No prices and you have to email for them. I did email them but they seem to be very casual about return emails for none have appeared.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, I tried the site but found it a bit strange. No prices and you have to email for them. I did email them but they seem to be very casual about return emails for none have appeared.

Price for private usage can be seen under Buy/Home use/Buy now. There is also a demo available.

Usually the author is really responsive, not sure what happened right now.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I've been using the CDU app from the company linked below for quite some time now for the PMDG NGX and not that I'm used to it I wouldn't even consider flying without it, love it!

I also bought I stand for my tablet so I can have it standing in upright position next to my yoke, very convenient!

Here's the link to the company selling the CDU app I'm using -> http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/va/en/14-applications and below is a pic what my setup looks like.

My%20P3D%20HW%20setup.JPG

Richard Åsberg

Hello Paul,

thanks Michael for letting me know about this thread here!
I'm Andreas Breitschopp and in charge of FS-FlightControl.

Paul, I got your inquiry yesterday evening around 6 PM German time and replied around 8 PM. :smile:
Maybe it went to your spam folder for whatever reasons?

As Michael wrote you should see the price for the home license when you click on the "Buy Now" link on the FS-FlightControl Instructor Station page which will get you to the payment processor.
The reason why it's not written on the website itself is that the price depends a bit on your currency and country (due to tax reasons).

Please don't hesitate to contact us again for any questions (if e-mail does not work well, just send me a PM here).
We are also really looking forward to any feedback and new ideas for the product!

Best regards and thanks again for letting me know, Michael
Andreas

Wow, this might be too complex for me. I know nothing about networking and setting this up on a tablet is complicated.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello Paul,

no worries, we really tried our best to make it as easy as possible.

Especially for network setup (accessing flight simulator from a different computer with FS-FlightControl) we developed the SimConnect Network Wizard that will guide you through all steps needed to get FS-FlightControl to connect to flight simulator from a different computer in your network.

Additionally there is already an Android app (in beta state) available and an iOS app is in development.

And as I said:

Feel free to contact me again at any time you came across a problem - I'm sure we can solve that!  :smile:

Best regards

Andreas

Just sent an email, maybe send me on how to aquire and use the android app?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello Paul,

just replied to your e-mail some minutes ago - did you get my reply?

If you want to use the Android app, you can install and run FS-FlightControl directly on your main computer (that also has flight simulator installed).

Then scroll down a bit on the FS-FlightControl download page and you will find the link to the Android app. But you can also just search for "FS-FlightControl" in the Google Play store with your Android tablet.

To connect to FS-FlightControl with the Android app, you just need to enter the IP address of your computer running FS-FlightControl in the Android app.

If you don't know your IP, FS-FlightControl shows it at "Settings" => "Not Aircraft Related Settings" => "Mobile Devices". Just enter the IP shown there and the connection should work fine.

As I said the Android app is still in beta and there are some limitations left, but we're working on them and they should be done in the next weeks.

Best regards and please let me know if you should have further questions

Andreas

Thanks, sent you an email with my results. Black screen on tablet after putting in IP and hitting connect.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png