Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Moving maps for tablets?

Hello Paul,

sounds like a Windows Firewall issue.

For testing please just disable the Windows Firewall completely that we see if that's the problem:

Go to Control Panel and just search for "firewall". There you can disable it for a test.

If this was the problem (which I expect), you can either keep the Windows Firewall disabled or alternatively add a firewall exemption for FS-FlightControl.

Best regards

Andreas

Ok set firewall to accept software and now get the program on my tablet. It has trouble getting connected and flashes between red amber and green connections making the moving map only update when fully connected or green. Is there some settings I need to adjust or change?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello Paul,

looks like FS-FlightControl has problems connecting to your flight simulator.

Which flight simulator version are you using?

FSX, FSX Steam Edition or Prepar3D 1.x, 2.x or 3.x?

FS-FlightControl should be compatible with all of them, but it's good to know in case of such connection issues.

Please make sure that flight simulator is running (just set your aircraft on any airport).

If the problem persists, please then go in FS-FlightControl to "About" and send us a message from there while making sure the "Include Logfiles" check box is selected.

This way we can easily check the log messages on our side and get back to your shortly.

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks, running latest version p3d.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You're welcome, Paul!

Just send us a message from the program including logfiles, we'll have a look and get back to you via e-mail shortly.

Best regards

Andreas

Ok sent message with log file, sorry about all caps but program insisted I use the touchpad helper.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello Paul,

no problems.  :wink:

You can disable the Touch Input Helper in the settings by the way, but it will be very useful when FS-FlightControl is used with the Android app.

We got the logs, will have a look now and get back to you via e-mail!

Best regards

Andreas

I'll gonna try FS Flight Control as well now. For the dev, Panda Antivirus gave me a false positive. 

Hans

Thanks for letting us know about that, Hans!

We'll report this false positive to Panda.

Best regards

Andreas

FltPlan GO

Thanks Scott.

those Approach plates.. does it come with the app? do I have to download them in pdfs?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This looks to be a great program and I hope they can make it work for me. Looks great on the tablet but only tried the moving map so far,,,not sure what all the other options are for or what they do.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

I didn't see it listed, so I also wanted to point out AVARE.  It's a terrific app that quite a number of pilots use (I'm not justifying that) and works great in Flight Sim as well.

I will provide you with pretty much everything from Sections and every chart one could wish for, though it's only for the US I believe.  If I recall correctly, you can also enter your flight plan (for any overlay).

Happy flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Paul,

I didn't see it listed, so I also wanted to point out AVARE.  It's a terrific app that quite a number of pilots use (I'm not justifying that) and works great in Flight Sim as well.

I will provide you with pretty much everything from Sections and every chart one could wish for, though it's only for the US I believe.  If I recall correctly, you can also enter your flight plan (for any overlay).

Happy flights!

Thanks, downloade on tablet and installed but cannot see how to connect to p3d through wifi.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I've been using the CDU app from the company linked below for quite some time now for the PMDG NGX and not that I'm used to it I wouldn't even consider flying without it, love it!

I also bought I stand for my tablet so I can have it standing in upright position next to my yoke, very convenient!

Here's the link to the company selling the CDU app I'm using -> http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/va/en/14-applications and below is a pic what my setup looks like.

My%20P3D%20HW%20setup.JPG

I agree that Virtual CDU is the best option for the CDU. Only issue is you must pay for each aircraft. That may not be a deal breaker, but something to consider.

Don't forget Garmin Pilot. Quite expensive but for the US it's the best IMO. Works great with any sim. Setup is a breeze. Finally, there is SkyDemon, very good but geared at the European market.

Hans