Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Spanning three x 4K screens in P3D

Hi everyone

I just wanted to find out if anyone is spanning P3D over three x 4K screens and if there are any issues in doing so

Is it a case of WOW .. this is amazing or more like don't waste your money because of the poor performance of the simulator

Also, can you tell me what resolution and graphics card you are running P3D in?

Cheers

Paul 

I'm just wondering if this post is visible!!

I posted this a few days ago and it says zero views which surprises me somewhat

Paul

I would like to know as well as I am running a single Philips 40Inch 4K screen with a GTX 780 Ti and am very pleased with the result. Would be very interesting to see what I need do to run 3 screens

I would guess a Titan X in SLI configuration may give you adequate fps to fly. I use a single 980ti with 4k and on occasion there are some long frames using a 6700k at 4.7

Personally I would not try. Just buy a 40-50 inch 4k tv would probably be better.

Sean Green

Look at the Video Forum here at Avsim.

Mike has posted some nice vids and have posted one too.

I have a 5820k@4.3 / Titan X setup with 3 32" HD tv's as my Windows.

Before P3Dv3.2 we had to use NVSurround to span the view over 3 monitors as 3 sperate views ( main + 2 undocked ) took the framerate down into teens.

With v3.2 and esprcially v3.2.3 multi monitor support has incredibly improved.

I now can have 28+ fps at EHAM ( heaviest airport on fps ) with 3 cloudlayers, photoscenery + custom AG on top of it and AI traffic...

Framerate in P3D to Uimited, tv's freq at 24 and VSync enabled.

Also I now run trees and buildings AG at Dense now.

If you want to run 3 4K monitors , you might need 2 extra graphics cards like Mike.

He has 3x 75" 4K monitors and his Fs pc has 3 Titan X cards....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Very content with my 3-27"+1 wrap-around system.  All running off a single 780 6GB running CPU currently at 4.5GHz.  I can easily fly at 30FPS out in the open and low-mid 20's in cities.  I was impressed how well the system ran at 3.8GHz when I was doing some testing.

Not sure what route I would take when I jump to 4K down the road.  Stay with my 3 display setup or turn that in for a single, larger display as many have done.  I think the smallest 4k I have seen is 40".  Would like to see something in the 32" if I stayed with three.  Oh well, no rush for me.  Currently testing at 30Hz, with my setup to see if I can knock out the last of the micro-stutters.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi everyone

I just wanted to find out if anyone is spanning P3D over three x 4K screens and if there are any issues in doing so

Is it a case of WOW .. this is amazing or more like don't waste your money because of the poor performance of the simulator

Also, can you tell me what resolution and graphics card you are running P3D in?

Cheers

Paul 

You gonna need at least a gtx 980 ti for each monitor, if not you are going to struggle with poor performance, if you have the money for that you are going to feel that WOW, P3D performing well is amazing.

My example..i had to upgrade from a 970 to a 980 ti to have stable performance on every type of scenery with a 3440x1440 resolution

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I'm running 2x 55" Samsung curved 4K's and 2x 980ti's in SLI.  The 4K's are spectacular and definitely worth the investment IMHO.  But I would probably suggest at least a 980 or 980ti per 4K display.  4K's are pretty demanding.

For what it's worth, I was having some pretty big issues with what appeared to be stuttering when in fact it was the TV's motion blur causing a ghosting of scenery that looked like stuttering.  Once I put my Samsungs into "Sports" mode, which I assume corrects for motion blur, the sim started running super smoothly, something I was starting to think I'd never achieve. 

I have them set to both set to 30Hz refresh, using NVidia Surround (bezel corrected), VSync on, unlimited frames. I experimented with 24, 50, and 60Hz.  30 seemed to be the best.

Refresh sync appears (to me), based on countless hours of playing and tweaking, to be the first thing you need to get right, and the most important determinant of smoothness.  It's amazing the difference getting that right can make on the smoothness of the sim.  After that, everything is icing on the cake.

Tony

@MistyBlue,

I am planning on using a curved screen Samsung as well and I have a couple questions. Do you have a Samsung7500 model? Did you get 4:4:4 at 60 hz to work so you can use it for smaller text? What HDMI cables do you use and what setup options at the Samsung did you use?

Thanks much

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

@Dave, they are Samsung UN55JU6700F UHD 55" LED TV's.  With two side by side, that's around 10 feet in width which is plenty for me.  I originally was going to buy 3, but glad I went with two.  Unfortunately I have to deal with the bezel right in the middle but that's not an issue in my setup.

Not sure about the 4:4:4 thing but I did get the TV's to run at 60Hz.  However, performance was terrible within P3D, likely because my 1.4 HDMI cables don't support 60Hz, and I didn't think I could maintain 60 FPS anyway so I dropped down to 30.  Clarity has been phenomenal and with the new-found smoothness I'm very happy with the choice.

I'm running 1.4 HDMI cables good up to 30Hz...I bought these great, well-made cables on Amazon and I'm very happy with them:  http://www.amazon.com/Aurum-High-Speed-Cable-Ethernet/dp/B004QJ9JLW

On the Samsung, I switched to "Sports Mode".  Didn't have to mess with anything else that I recall.  What's nice, in addition to clearing up motion-blur, is that it also seemed to boost dynamic range so HDR wasn't needed in P3D.  That helped boost performance a little.

EDIT:  This TV does appear to support 4:4:4 Chroma @60Hz.  Will have to do some testing with the HDMI 2.0 cables I just ordered.

Tony

Hi Paul,

Here is my setup, I run three 75" 4Ks at a resolution of 11520x2160... I run three superclocked titanX's on an non-overcloced 4790K system. The setup runs great.

Some of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTiCN9u_pvyU9NTqhtgJ9w

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

@MistyBlue - thanks again for your info and details. Please let us all know about the new HDMI 2.0 cables which should give you the improved color resolution.

@Mike,

Do you run HDMI 2.0 cables to your 4Ks and which UHDTVs are they - any special TV settings (PC Mode, etc..) What P3D graphic settings (Vsync, Triple Buffer, Frame limiting, etc) do you use and what FPS do you get? Do you run Surround?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

@Dave, I found that enabling either Sports Mode, or Auto Motion Plus on the Samsung (I set mine to smooth) gets rid of the "Judder" which is what I believe I was dealing with.  Will keep you posted on the cables.

Tony

Hi,

My UHDTVs are Samsungs, the UN75JU6500F. I run natural setting during the day and I run Dynamic at night. I have HDMI 2.0 cables, my frames are locked at 33fps and my UHDTVs are set at 30HZ. I run with Vsync on, triple buffer off... I am able to maintain 30fps for the most part, with momentary dips in 3rd party locations FSDreamteam, Flightbeam and whatnot. The 11520x2160 is via surround. P3D scenery settings are: Terrain=max, Tesselation Factor=low,  Mesh Resolution=5m, Texture Res=7cm, scenery complexity=max,vegetation=low, building density=max, water=low, special effects=med

@Mike,

Do you run HDMI 2.0 cables to your 4Ks and which UHDTVs are they - any special TV settings (PC Mode, etc..) What P3D graphic settings (Vsync, Triple Buffer, Frame limiting, etc) do you use and what FPS do you get? Do you run Surround?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks for the tip using the sport mode on a Samsung TV.

I'm using a Samsung UE48JU6675 TV and enabling sport mode made everything really razor-sharp in a way I haven't seen before. I also have UHD Deep Color enabled and running the TV @ 60 Hz and in Nvidia Control Panel I have the Output color format set to YCbCr444.

So far I have only checked what the desktop looks like, can't wait to see what P3D will look like :smile:

Richard Åsberg