Sign in to follow this  
TheBoom

Blurries with high autogen

Anyone else noticing blurries and scenery popping with maxed out LOD and autogen in 3.2?

I never had this problem in 3.1 and I know they changed the building draw distance in 3.2but never expected it to cause this much of a performance loss when it comes to scenery rendering.

All settings are similar to 3.1. A reinstall changed nothing either.

I too struggle with this with 3.2. Very blurry textures and autogen "circles" around my airplane. I haven't been able to find a solution yet. But my 3.1 stall was crisp and beautiful. Sorry, no real answer for you, but your not the only on in the boat.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

It's fine. I'm just baffled at the performance difference. Using locked fps some of the problems go away but at the cost of fps in higher density areas.

3.1 was near perfect. Something in 3.2 is crippling the experience and I can't seem to find out what.

I think its ASN.. I have the same. Turning on Voluemetric Fog while at 30000ft helps

I already have volumetric fog on at all times. I doubt it's ASN since its do to with scenery rendering. It's something to do with P3D itself.

I have tried it with ASN off and clear skies as well.

There is however a slight possibly it may be Orbx related.

Had a little time today so I went ahead to do some testing. Saved a flight in the Airbus somewhere between LOWW and EGCC.

My initial conclusion was wrong. Even with autogen turned down there is popping and blurries. In fact I deleted my cfg and shaders and let P3D rebuild them and still no difference. Even without a manual affinity mask or any other tweaks. Made no difference unlimited or fixed fps and FFTF either.

Which mean the problem almost definitely is within 3.2 itself?

Guess the only thing left to do is roll back to 3.1 and see how it pans out.

I also tested NV driver 361.43 which improved smoothness a little and lessened the load on the GPU for some reason.

I believe there is something that was changed in 3.2 that has caused blurries to appear in certain situations. If I cycle views at the Tower View and then cycle forward, the next view is a blurry mess - it clears up quickly but it is annoying. I have read similar comments from users on varying systems. No actual proof but I'm getting the perception that it has something to do with the way P3D is handling clouds, etc. This is with or without and weather programs activated.

Prior to 3.2, I rarely had even the smallest of blurries. This is with no changes to my system and/or settings. I tried a few adjustments with little effect so I've gone back to my default settings. I'm hoping the changes in V 3.3 will correct some of these.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Interesting observation Vic. I have also re-acquired the temporary 'blurries' when cycling certain views and had just assumed that I must have inadvertantly changed something although, hand-on-heart, I know that I haven't. As you say - let's see what V3.3 brings.

Neg TP - on one system w7/UTX/GEX and second system w10/FTX Global - same issue.

What's relevant to me is that I made no other changes than installing 3.2.3 - I am using the same settings as 3.1.

And, it's only very noticeable if I'm cycling views - just straight flight with no view changes is just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes I've noticed that cycling views makes it worse but even in a fixed view I get them. Not as many but still noticeable and they don't exactly clear up fast.

Another thing I noticed were that the cloud shadows were also popping up. I initially thought that the processor could not keep up with the amount of data it had to load with AM 116 but 252 yields the same result. What's interesting is that even with 252 all 4 cores are maxed out at 100% most of the time whereas with 3.1 and an AM of 116 the 2 cores were never higher than 80-90%.

Is this with default scenery?

With Orbx Global and Vector and Open LC Europe. Same settings in Vector as I had in 3.1. Something tells me default scenery is going to be the same though.

Are all those problems occur with FPS set to unlimited? 

I have v2.5 installed and I have this blurries also. Very very slow texture loading

Are all those problems occur with FPS set to unlimited?

Both fixed and unlimited.

I have v2.5 installed and I have this blurries also. Very very slow texture loading

2.5 wasn't that bad. 3.0 I had none. 3.2 is worse than 2.5 for some reason.