Sign in to follow this  
rgbalzaretti

V3.2 Crashes when using Carenado PA46 Malibu.

Hi everyone:

Has anyone experienced crashes when trying to load this plane into the scenario? However,  If you able to get it flying, P3D will crash at any point.

I did a clean installation of P3D V3.2 along with the Carenado PA46 Malibu. No problems were shown during the installation.

Tried to contact Carenado Support but it is worthless, no one would get back to me. Also, tried  Carenado's support patches area and none seem to be available for this P3D model (only one for FSX and it is related to something else).

Any ideas that may help out...I would really hate to ditch this fantastic model just because it makes P3D crash at start up!

Thanks for you help,

R. George Balzaretti

It is crashing because it does not like the Carenado entries in the dll.xml.  Disable the following entry if it is in the dll.xml as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>true</Disabled>          Change this line from False to True as shown.
    <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

There's another entry but it should be okay as long as the Carenigraph.dll is in the main P3D Directory.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If the entry is there but the module is not there, then crash....

This topic belongs in the Carenado Support Forums so moving it there.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I cannot even install it on p3d v3

have contacted carenado support at least 20 times with no help from them

I am running p3D v3.2

they just keep telling me to download the same file

if i get it to install in the airplane folder and try to yse the vehicle i get partial panel and no functioning of most gages

all other aircraft including PMDG 737ngx work fine

OS Name             Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description     Not Available

OS Manufacturer             Microsoft Corporation

System Name    PUGET-151806

System Manufacturer    System manufacturer

System Model   System Product Name

System Type      x64-based PC

Processor            Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date          American Megatrends Inc. 1702, 1/28/2016

SMBIOS Version               3.0

Windows Directory         C:\Windows

System Directory             C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device        \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale   United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer        Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name         Puget-151806\Dave

Time Zone           Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory  31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory          28.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory     63.7 GB

Available Virtual Memory             59.8 GB

Page File Space 31.9 GB

Page File              C:\pagefile.sys

i bought directly from carenado

VERY mystified

I know this doesn't help your situation, but fwiw, this plane works beautifully on my system, running P3D v3.2.

So, I guess my point is, there is hope! ?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I cannot even install it on p3d v3

Your chances of getting immediate support are not good as they use their knowledge base to answer most of their questions and, if you ask what's already there, then they won't respond.  We have discussed installing Carenado aircraft into P3DV3 several times here in the Carenado Forums but I know you don't necessarily go and read every forum to find out how to install products into P3D.  Here's a link to the discussions - http://www.avsim.com/topic/481512-phenom-300-navigraph-software/.  There is no difference in installation techniques but, basically, you will run the installer and direct the installation into P3D.  It will not install the product there but you have to run the installer as I stated so that you can enter your e-mail and serial number.  Once completed, you'll find the installation located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Carenado Installer\.  You'll probably see several folders like Carenado, CarenadoNavigraph, Gauges, Effects, and SimObjects (which has the aircraft).  You simple go into this folder and move all of the items to the appropriate folders in P3D.  If there are Gauges, you move all of the gauges in the Gauges folder over into the P3D\Gauges folder.  You move any effects over to the P3D\Effects folder.  The items shown inside the Carenado Installer folder (such as Carenavigraph.dll, CMetroXml.dll, etc.), are moved to the main P3D folder.  I think you will get the idea.  The link I provided above has some members here posting pretty pictures of the who thing or providing more explanation but the technique is the same.

Now, there are some Carenado aircraft that have installers that work and will install your product directly into P3D.  These installers were probably updated by Carenado and just downloading the product again might provide the latest installer.  I know the C90 now installs perfectly into P3Dv3.2.

Carenado is planning on updating all of the aircraft and installers and some have already been updated.  It's frustrating though and I accidentally found where Carenado installed the Phenom300 as I was just as frustrated.  I then moved things to where they should go in P3D and it works flawlessly (except that the CMetroXml.dll module that is loaded by the dll.xml will cause a crash so you want to leave that one out as it is not needed).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10