Sign in to follow this  
Medic1030

Nvidia Inspector FSX Profile Question

I'm gradually getting FSX set up on my new computer build and I've reached the point where I'm ready to start fine-tuning, including using Nvidia Inspector.

I downloaded the latest version as of a couple of days ago. All of the Nvidia Inspector guides I've found online state to select the "MS Flight Simulator X" profile from the drop down. However, this doesn't exist in my drop down list. I do see a profile for "Micorsoft Flight Simulator 10." I'm assuming this is the right one but I just wanted to make sure.

I'm running the latest drivers from Nvidia on a GTX 970.

Regards,

Corey

Corey

Windows 11 | i7-13700K processor | Nvidia RTX 4070 video card | Pro Z790P WiFi motherboard | 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR5, 5200 MHz RAM | MSI Liquid 240 cooler | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, NVMe PCI-E 3.0 SSD (x2 - 1 dedicated for MSFS; another for the OS and everything else) | Ethernet network connection being used | 32" 1440P IPS, 165 Hz, G-Sync compatible (range: 20 Hz to 165 Hz) monitor | Currently using Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant, with CH rudder pedals. Plan to upgrade all to Honeycomb|

I just went through the same drama. Thought i was going nuts. I just reloaded and old profile and that gave me fsx back but Im watching this topic closely

ZORAN

Thanks I'm just back today after a 3 month absence so good to know

ZORAN

Thanks. I tried searching but couldn't find any info about it. Guess I didn't search hard enough.

Corey

Windows 11 | i7-13700K processor | Nvidia RTX 4070 video card | Pro Z790P WiFi motherboard | 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR5, 5200 MHz RAM | MSI Liquid 240 cooler | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, NVMe PCI-E 3.0 SSD (x2 - 1 dedicated for MSFS; another for the OS and everything else) | Ethernet network connection being used | 32" 1440P IPS, 165 Hz, G-Sync compatible (range: 20 Hz to 165 Hz) monitor | Currently using Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant, with CH rudder pedals. Plan to upgrade all to Honeycomb|

No worries. Some people seem to think that with that last update, the "inspector" does not work as well as it used to. I am not sure, but it took me a long time to get a decent set up (mind you I had forgotten what the settings were before).

I am curious to find out what the nvidia control panel can do.... that is for another thread, I guess.

Visit my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/Captain Nav

Follow me live on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/captainnav

I just downloaded version 1.9.7.5

There is no tool icon next to the graphics card.  How do you get to the settings?

Tom

I just downloaded version 1.9.7.5

There is no tool icon next to the graphics card.  How do you get to the settings?

Look in the install folder. You should see a new exe called nvidiaProfileInspector.exe

Looks like he split this function off from the main program.

Cheers,

howevr

I would like to add my thanks to  howevr. I installed new version couldn't see the tool icon and ran all the way back to the previous #.  Now I can re-install the new version and breath a sigh of relief  in the knowledge that the globe is still revolving. :smile:

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.