Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

FMS Closeout Panels

So I finally got around to doing my ritual flight trials with the CJ now that I have the GTN up and running. Overall I am pretty impressed. I think this release by far needs less tweaking than prior Carenado a/c. I am usually adjusting volumes of all the sounds and substituting some call outs but I did not have to do much on the CJ.

I need some input form all of you. Now that the GTN is in the MFD, I do not like having a blank inop FMS panel. I do not remember which one of our members came up with the idea to replace the FMS on the S550 with blank closeout panel but it is perfect. Can we do something like this in the CJ? I was thinking of leaving the FMS and keeping it on the PERF page all the time for fuel but I dont think this is possible with the GTN.

Let me know what you all think?

I can post a photo once I figure out how to do so......

Here is the S550 thread link.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/460482-using-the-gtn-instead-of-the-default-fmc-you-might-want-this/

I have another good idea for this empty place, a flight info page like the s550 isg mod. Put it in a nice frame and it's looking good.

Something like this....

Unbenannt.jpg 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/460037-s550-with-isg-fms/page-9

Janek,

Hmmmm. Let me think a bit, who could that have been that requested all that aircraft and flight information packed into the small little unused area and also available as a popup? Well, I must agree with you, that would be a good place to stick up, but, it will also need a popup feature. Head down time is actually worse in the flightsim Citations than in the real one, which is bad enough.

Janek, you are going to have so many irons in the fire that we are going to get spoiled waiting to check our email for the latest mod.

I hope you keep the 'Engine Parameters and Status box" that is now covered up by the GTN in the MFD in mind for a popup. We don't need the more or less useless MFD popup, we only need the top 25% or so with the engines and fuel status.

Once you figure out how to popup just that small area of the MFD, maybe we can place it over the fixed annunciator panel area so we can see all of it while the GTN is also in the popup mode.

Best Regards,

Ray

Engine Instr box popup_a.jpg

VC view_a._popup.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Letters fine tuning.....

I love the "Time remaining" and "Throttle position", it helps me to manage my flight.

I hope you keep the 'Engine Parameters and Status box" that is now covered up by the GTN in the MFD in mind for a popup. We don't need the more or less useless MFD popup, we only need the top 25% or so with the engines and fuel status.

Once you figure out how to popup just that small area of the MFD, maybe we can place it over the fixed annunciator panel area so we can see all of it while the GTN is also in the popup mode.

Ray its on the list....time for a short break ;-)

25037693ss.jpg

Wow this is great. We could also use something like this adaptable to the C90GTX and the Hawker. Something that guys like me could adapt without asking you guys to do more work.

Thanks much

Letters fine tuning.....

I love the "Time remaining" and "Throttle position", it helps me to manage my flight.

Ray its on the list....time for a short break ;-)

25037693ss.jpg

I love this idea..... Makes use of the dead space with the GTN Installed.....

It actually comes in handy for the fuel alone since the engine gauges are now covered up by the GTN....

How do I get this......

Great work..

It's still in beta phase, but I think about to integrate the checklists gimik from the s550 isg mod, all the buttons left and right are available for this. Of course all functions also for the 2d popup available. I start the work if there is any requests for the checklists, but that's not on high priority. Sure it's adaptable to other carenado planes with gtn in use.

It's still in beta phase, but I think about to integrate the checklists gimik from the s550 isg mod, all the buttons left and right are available for this. Of course all functions also for the 2d popup available. I start the work if there is any requests for the checklists, but that's not on high priority. Sure it's adaptable to other carenado planes with gtn in use.

I am good with just this info page without the checklists. I make my own checklists anyway....but appreciate the effort.....

You guys are moving way too fast with the problem solving solutions. How about an easy one for a change? A popup for the Rotary Test Switch.

Best Regards,

Ray

Rotary Test popup.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .