Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

I am totally amazed.

That was when I made an error in checking that the Add on manager from FSDT was up to date, and you kept insisting that I had to Uninstall P3D to fix it , which I didn't.  :wink:

Ah but it will probably be even better when you do that -  I have not done a clean install yet so I cant be sure

Rich Sennett

It's odd, I was having CTD's in the updated P3D 3.2 until I installed the addon-manager again.

Even the logfiles pointed to some obscure .dll

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I worked with Gateway 2000 (as they were known then in the 90's) as tech support.PC's were quite pricey then too. £1000 for a 223Mhz with 8 or 16 Mb of RAM.

Installing Windows 95 was fun using mscdex to install the CDRom drive letter (if you had a cdrom that is!).

My very first computer was a Gateway 166 Mghtz with a 17 inch screen. Cost me $3500 but I loved it. For some reason, computers seemed to be more fun back then. Kind of like older cars and older airplanes. Just more character I guess.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Ah but it will probably be even better when you do that -  I have not done a clean install yet so I cant be sure

I worked with a person years ago that told anyone that would listen, that if they had a problem with any program on their PC, they should format the hard drive and start over. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This was a great post that made my Internet day. As a guy who first flew sim in a LINK trainer and then on the Apple IIE, but who has just gotten back into the hobby deeply over the past two months, I can sympathize completely: I think about being in the sim almost all the time. It really is becoming an amazing combination of realistic, engaging, and fun.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Enjoyed the read Bob, glad it's all working out great for you,

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I started flying flight sims when the first one was released for a PC back in the mid 80's...

...Anyway, after getting 2.5,  I then moved to  version 3,3.1 and now 3.2 and fly for a VA at the rate of about 12 + flights a week. I have a middle of the road, almost 4 year old Dell desktop with an i5 and a Nvidia GTX 750 TI GPU and according to my VA's FPS counter which logs each flight, I average from around 27-32FPS on my entire flight. I fly mostly the PMDG 737, with ASN, soft clouds, EzDok, Pro ATC X, GSX, UTX Europe, Canada, and USA, and FSUIPC, all running at the same time.. My biggest problem now, is trying to keep from wanting to fly 24/7.   :smile:

Bob,

What a terrific little piece of heartening and harkening information!

Thank you!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Great post Bob. I'm happy to hear how you're enjoying simming even more with Prepar3D. I read your story and want to get back into the air. I've been on a downer lately and haven't been able to find the motivation to do much. I want to feel the virtual air lifting my plane up again.

Glad to hear you enjoy flying virtually.  You mentioned using FSDT, but in the list of add-on above there are no specific airport scenery.  Are you now simplifying your install too?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Bob,

All I can say is ditto.......

Glad to hear you enjoy flying virtually.  You mentioned using FSDT, but in the list of add-on above there are no specific airport scenery.  Are you now simplifying your install too?

GSX is an FSDT product. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Keep on flying Bob,

Glad you found your sweet spot.

This forum helps me a lot finding (and maintaining) mine.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Vic..

That's the fun part of posting on the internet - once you do, it's there FOREVER! Through the years I
have experienced foot in mouth syndrome on more than one occasion.

Nice one, Vic. Farming background, I wonder ? :Devil:

Bob...

Well done, Bob.

Your post is a bit of fresh air. I wish for a few more posts like yours.
I'm also having a ball. I started with FS1 back in '86. That's 30 years ago !
(..and some £20k over those years)

I'm lucky enough to be able to create my local area to fly over, with my own ai and road traffic.
It is sheer heaven to fly this sim when it all comes together.
My favourite aircraft is the A2A Cherokee 180.

I also fly around G. Summons' UK2000's EGCC and EGGP. Fantastic. I often use three monitors,
with the left, right & centre views.

Talk about 'Being there'.

I think LM has excelled, and it can only get better.

Glad it also works for you. Although I have had control of a Warrior on occasions, I'm not a pilot.
I have great sympathy for those pilots like yourself who are now grounded through no fault
of their own. Sims like P3d must be a lifeline.

I'd like to see more really positive posts like yours for P3d. The sim deserves it.

Regards
Bill
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

i7-3770K 4.7GHz, 16GB, GTX 970 4GB, Win 7 64bit, Dell U3011, CH Yoke & Pedals
Horizon GenX UK/UK2000 EGGP & EGCC/FS Commander 9.5
737NGX/A318/A319/A320/A321/A2A Cherokee

'Live' ATC on an ICOM 8500/AR 8200/AR8600 Scanners
Racal European Approach Plates (4 vols)

..and a flight attendant's uniform for the missus...unworn

• Upvote 1