Sign in to follow this  

ProATC/X: how to reconnect in mid air?

For the second time in a week I suddenly lost control with ProATX after take off. Is there a way to restart the flight in ProATC itself and to reconnect with ATC during my flight? I don't want to restart the entire flight from scratch... Isn't there an option somewhere to contact ATC no matter where you are so ATC will continue from the point you are currently flying?

Quite often the checklist of my Aerosoft Airbus suddenly stops responding which is annoying enough already. If ProATC also stops responding I end up with aborted flights too often to my liking.

For the second time in a week I suddenly lost control with ProATX after take off. Is there a way to restart the flight in ProATC itself and to reconnect with ATC during my flight? I don't want to restart the entire flight from scratch... Isn't there an option somewhere to contact ATC no matter where you are so ATC will continue from the point you are currently flying?

Quite often the checklist of my Aerosoft Airbus suddenly stops responding which is annoying enough already. If ProATC also stops responding I end up with aborted flights too often to my liking.

You need to find out what is going wrong with your airbus. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Nope....that same as with RC4. 

Bummer. So when something goes wrong somewhere you are screwed. Pity.

Working on it. Hopefully Aerosoft's support works well.

Jeroen,

Not exactly. If you want to save a flight and continue it later with both RC4 or PATC, you can do it easily. However, if you "lost" frequency, then yes - there is no way to restart in mid-air. 

And yes, there was a problem with AS Airbus radio frequencies and its matches to those with PATC. I think it was resolved during last summer, but I'm not sure as I no longer fly AS buses.

Jeroen,

Not exactly. If you want to save a flight and continue it later with both RC4 or PATC, you can do it easily. However, if you "lost" frequency, then yes - there is no way to restart in mid-air. 

And yes, there was a problem with AS Airbus radio frequencies and its matches to those with PATC. I think it was resolved during last summer, but I'm not sure as I no longer fly AS buses.

Yes, I knew about being able to save a flight and proceed but the problem has to do with losing connection indeed. And ah, a known issue: I will look into that, thanks.

Jeroen,

Not true with Pro ATC. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, sometimes ProATC also gets other things wrong. On my last flight with AS Bus from LEBL to EGPH, ProATC always greeted me with the words "continue SID OBA2E" or something like that, basically even when I was handed over from Paris Ctrl to London Ctrl, London Control told me to continue on my SID from LEBL. Annoying, then I even lost or missed one transition and my last 30 minutes of flight were without ProATC. Personally, this is one of my biggest criticism of ProATC: if something goes wrong, you are basically doomed to either restart the complete flight or continue without ATC...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

You can always ask to proceed to the next way-point if you feel that PATC instructions are out of the schedule.

Not true with Pro ATC. 

How could I restart PATC in mid-air? 

Sometimes PATC does not recognize that you have passed a waypoint. In this this case control is lost after some time. You can avoid this when you regularly check PATCs next waypoint and if this not the same as on your aircraft you can request in PATC a "direct to waypoint xy". This often cured my problems.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Sometimes PATC does not recognize that you have passed a waypoint. In this this case control is lost after some time. You can avoid this when you regularly check PATCs next waypoint and if this not the same as on your aircraft you can request in PATC a "direct to waypoint xy". This often cured my problems.

Sometimes, on  approach, if you are using the FMC and Lnav, and there is a sharp change of direction, the waypoint will be missed due to the rounding off of the aircraft's track by the AP. What I do , if I see this coming up, is to switch to HDG on the MCP and make sure the waypoint is passed over before beginning the turn to the next waypoint. As was already mentioned, if you miss a waypoint you can always do a direct to the next waypoint, if it is not too close. If it is too close you may have to pick another waypoint farther away. 

Same here. Sometimes Pro-ATC/X crashes mid-air without any apparent reason. Losing the frequency also occurs here from time to time. One thing I suggest you to do in such cases is watching the "Frequency to set:" in your Moving map, make sure the frequency is right, then switch COM1 to the alternative frequency and finally switch back again to the right frequency. In most cases this trick works and you get ATC back again from apparent snooze. 

No, sorry. This problem happens from time to time also with other aircraft. I am not using Airbus at all at the moment, yet i am experiencing the same problem. It is either a bug in Pro-ATC/X itself or related to the communication with the sim.

Same here. Sometimes Pro-ATC/X crashes mid-air without any apparent reason. Losing the frequency also occurs here from time to time. One thing I suggest you to do in such cases is watching the "Frequency to set:" in your Moving map, make sure the frequency is right, then switch COM1 to the alternative frequency and finally switch back again to the right frequency. In most cases this trick works and you get ATC back again from apparent snooze. 

No, sorry. This problem happens from time to time also with other aircraft. I am not using Airbus at all at the moment, yet i am experiencing the same problem. It is either a bug in Pro-ATC/X itself or related to the communication with the sim.

Have you posted the log on the forum so that they can see what is going on?