Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

P3d version 3.2 Stackhash

I have just updated the sim to version 3.2 but after a few minutes the sim crashes to desktop with the app error named Stackhash.

This has only occurred following the 3.2 install and apart from a complete reinstall do not know where to go next.

Any advice/ comments would be appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael Broom

If you just installed P3Dv3.2 and nothing else (and absolutely nothing else) then it would be very difficult to understand the StackHash after an initial install.  It would be best if you posted your AppCrashView report here or the Event Viewer report as requested by the AVSIM CTD Guide.  Here's what the next version of the AVSIM CTD Guide says about this crash -

StackHash – See also BEX and NTDLL.dll above. There is no module on your computer system named StackHash so no need to look for it. If the StackHash is shown as the faulting module, it will have four characters next to it like StackHash_0a9e.  That represents the memory address of where the fault occurred. Do not try to look for it.  You will not find it. There is no known solution to BEX/StackHash errors other than reinstalling Windows and your simulator but some have accidentally fixed their problem as follows -

• lower display driver settings
  • rebuild the simulator’s configuration.  This will lower settings and eliminate tweaks that might not be working properly
  • change voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS
  • disable all scenery add-ons in the Scenery Library.  Or, move your scenery.cfg to a temporary folder and let the config rebuilt with the default configuration.  If error goes away, you will have to investigate which scenery was the cause.
  • and/or shut down the simulator only in Windowed Mode and starting up in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen.

Here's what the next version of the AVSIM CTD Guide states about the NTDLL.dll error -

NTDLL.dll – The following is a quote from Microsoft Techs - “Heap metadata can become corrupted and it has been identified by Microsoft as one of the most common causes of application failures.  When an application crash shows the faulting module as ntdll.dll along with the Memory Access Violation (0xc0000005), then Windows places the application on a watch list and, if the application crashes at least four times or more in an hour, the fault tolerant heap service will configure the application to use the fault tolerant heap service in the future” (Source - Chapter 10, Memory Management, Windows Internals, Part 2: Covering Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 by Mark E. Russinovich, David A Solomon, and Alex Ionescu).  The service is part of the Security Center service so you need to make sure this service is turned on.  If the ntdll.dll is placed on the watch list, this information will be shown in the Event Viewer (Admin Events).  See also Increase Heap Limitation in the Actions to Take to Prevent Crashes section of this guide.

Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows:

• Most likely cause is outdated or corrupted hardware drivers.  Run a driver update program as discussed in previous section.
  • Use the System File Checker (sfc \scannow) to look for corrupt or missing system files.  See previous section for details on running this program.
  • Recently update video card drivers?  Reinstall or install the previous version.
  • System overheating.  Check (not common but it can cause this crash).
  • Wrong timings/voltages set for your installed RAM.  Use the utility, CPU-Z, to check or look inside the BIOS (NOTE:  With newer Mother Boards and Memory Simms, this issue is not as common as it was with earlier systems but it can still happen).CPU voltage too high or too low (only if you manually adjusted this in the BIOS). You might be able to fix by returning your BIOS to Optimized Defaults or lowering your overclock by one point from say, 4.4GHz to 4.3GHz.
  • Remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder, if installed (applies to FSX users only).  A known fix (could be the wrong version placed in the FSX folder).
  • Check your dll.xml for duplicate entries or entries where the software was removed but the entry in the dll.xml still exists.  Fix.
  • Disable User Access Controls (UAC) (see the section above for more information).
  • Update hardware drivers for your computer (especially on new computer systems or if the Windows OS has been reinstalled or upgraded) (see Driver Update information in this guide).
  • Disable MyTrafficX, v5.4c or MyTraffic6a in the Scenery Library to see if this program is the cause of the ntdll.dll error.  It is believed to be caused by an AI scheduling programming error. For MyTrafficX go back to the 5.4b version or make sure no external AI program schedule is activated (i.e., the 2012 or 2013 Schedules on the developers website).  The default schedule appears to be okay for most. Check the developers support forums for updated information and possible bug fixes. For MyTraffic6, some have fixed it by renaming the MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.orig. 
  • Some have seen this error when changing to payware aircraft after using another payware or default aircraft. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was having big issues with this, starting disabling stuff in the dll and came to find out it was FSDT addon manager, uninstalled all stuff related to that, reinstalled and fixed the issue

That fixed a StackHash?

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That fixed a StackHash?

Yeah I disabled the addonmanager.dll and did a flight in the PMDG 737 from Taxi2Gates KSEA to Taxi2Gates KMCO (no addons using addonmanager and had no issues. I then went and manual uninstalled all addons using the addon manager and then reinstalled and have't had a crash in 2 weeks now. Very strange

You do not have to uninstall/reinstall everything associated with the AddonManager.  Just download and run the latest Standalone Addon Manager and that will fix it.  Every so often something happens with Couatl or other things associated with the Addon Manager and reinstalling the Addon Manager will fix it for sure. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

For some reason this did not fix my issue. I read that solution on many forums so I tired it and never worked for me. They only thing was uninstalling and reinstalling. Perhaps it was something else deeper in the sim, but everyones case will be different