Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Looking for a new verstaile GA/Business jet

Hey i normally fly A2A C172 or PMDG aircraft but nothing inbetween.

So therefore i need your opinions on a versatile GA/business jet.

And mention if it has Garmin G1000 or not cause i'm in the middle on whether i like it.

Opinions on Flight 1 King Air?

Is there any aircraft that can also do sids/stars in this "categoryish" *( made up word )

I fly exclusively on Vatsim

Cheers

Nathan Young

I recommend you look at the New Carenado Citation CJ2 with an eye on adding the optional F1GTN750. This would make an outstanding Vatsim business jet.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ditto on the CJ2. With the mods Ray and others have made it is what I'm flying most now! 

Eddie
KABQ

I agree with Ray and Eddie

You asked about G1000 and F1 King, I don't have it, but the Mustang is a VLJ & quite good. It has a very complete G1000, Has SID/STARs but no Airways yet.

F1 King air is excellent. Good rendition of g1000 too. Flysimware mu2 or Lear 35 have native gtn750 panels that support Sid/star nav. Great flight models too.

I recommend you look at the New Carenado Citation CJ2
Ray, compared to the Phenom 300, is this offering better? More depth that that plane or about the same?  To the OP, the Citation X from ESDG is also good.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Ray, compared to the Phenom 300, is this offering better? More depth that that plane or about the same?  To the OP, the Citation X from ESDG is also good.  

People on this forum said the Phenom is a fps killer, i already push my laptop too the extremes.

I agree with Ray and Eddie

You asked about G1000 and F1 King, I don't have it, but the Mustang is a VLJ & quite good. It has a very complete G1000, Has SID/STARs but no Airways yet.

is this the old flight 1 mustang? link please

F1 King air is excellent. Good rendition of g1000 too. Flysimware mu2 or Lear 35 have native gtn750 panels that support Sid/star nav. Great flight models too.

Thank you i wasn't aware about a Lear 35, in terms off "faster" Business jets do you recommend this or Carenado 850?

I am also considering the new CJA and Flight 1 king air.

The Lear 35 has systems depth, great sounds, but being flysimware can't compete with carenado texture wise. It's not bad by any stretch, but not as much eye candy as carenado. I still think it's a superior sim tho. And I can't recommend the f1 King air enough, just an all around immersive experience. But use the included tutorial, you will need it!

is this the old flight 1 mustang? link please

I think the Mustang might be slightly worse on frames than the NGX.  Personally, I love flying it. 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang

Here's a youtube vid...

There are quite a few real life youtube videos too that show the ins and outs.  The documentation is excellent and also tutorials.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ray, compared to the Phenom 300, is this offering better? More depth that that plane or about the same? To the OP, the Citation X from ESDG is also good.

First, let me state that I wrote the Avsim review for the Flight1 King Air and it comes very highly recommended but it is not a "new Jet", The ESDG Citation X was the one to have - 8 years ago so it is not a "new jet" either.

I also wrote the Avsim review for the Carenado Phenom 300 and the also comes highly recommended. The Phenom has the G1000 and a limited FMS. the optional aftermarket add on GTN750 elevates this to very highly recommended also.

Now, if you like the Proline 21 then the New CJ2 has the most potential for a great biz jet that is currently available. There are others on the drawing boards but we can't fly them so why discuss them at all.There are some older Learjets out there but they failed to hold my attention.

A new release of a Lear35 was reviewed about a month ago and you might like it. I don't care for it myself. This brings us to my comment that the CJ2 is available and a couple hundred users are enjoying it. Aftermarket mods are fairly normal for many of the Carenado models, especially the more complex ones. The few shortcomings will no doubt be fixed either by Carenado or the community.

So, I can come up with two recommendations for a 'new jet". The Phenom 300 if you favor the G1000 and the CJ2 with the more conventional ProLine21.

The F1 Mustang is a little long in the tooth but was just recently made available for P3D. I have the FSX version and the overall package is superior to all of them as far as fit, finish, docs, and following, especially the G1000. The 510 comes with an excellent tutorial - that may be woefully out of date for the sids and stars but you can work through that and learn how to fly it.

Carenado's historical weak link is the lack of good documentation, any sort of overview of the aircraft or panel layout or flight manual and they have never provided any type of tutorial. I give them grief in every review but it falls on deaf ears. Although, the CJ2 actually has a sample flightplan for the ProLine 21 FMS. There may be hope yet.

Most folks will agree Carenado has the best looking recent models but each one has a wart or two but they are all very flyable with a few mods. Deep systems depth is not usually associated with any Carenado model but the last half dozen models that I reviewed had excellent flying and handling qualities. I say that as a real world pilot and as a flightsim reviewer.

If you own a F1 GTN750 then the choices and recommendations are greatly increased. If you don't and plan to use the FMS for navigation and approaches then it is a mixed bag. The FMS is very limited in pages and content with some quirky coding that cannot be overcome if you plan on flying using ATC procedures. For general everyday punching holes in the clouds in a fast jet - then no problem - the Carenado FMS will do just fine for you. An advantage of the newer Carenado models is that they come with Navigraph and an optional upgrade is avaible for nav data updates. The Carenado CJ2 ProLine 21 is advertised to have VNAV and the ability to add airways when building your flightplan.

I have about 80 airplanes in my virtual hangar and for pure flying enjoyment I would say anything built by RealAir or A2A tops the list. For pure jets it is the Carenado Citations or Phenom300.A year from now things may be very different, but that is more than 300 flights away for me.

Best Regards,

Ray

I did not read any of the above responses until after I wrote this reply. I just want to add that I totally disagree with the poster's hearsay that the Phenom 300 is heavy on FMS - my experiences are just the opposite.

Checkout the FSMANIA.com flight tutorials, most of the planes mentioned here have some nice videos.

Ray

• Upvote 1

A year frrom now things sure will be different Ray.

Just for the record, our CX 2.0 may be older but still exceeds the competition when it comes to fidelity to Corporate Aviation Operation and doesn't require community "tweaks" to accomplish that goal. :smile:

Oh almost forgot, there is a learning curve but it's worth the effort.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

...For pure jets it is the Carenado Citations or Phenom300.....

Good post Ray

I took the day off, and did 2 flights.

Using current AIRAC + ASN +REX + UTX Tropical America and TropicalSim Airports.

TFFF EMOLA5 A555 COY RTE4 BQN B520 ANTEX ANTEX1A MDPC

Did "full procedures SID/STAR & Airways" flew the Carenado CJ2 from TFFF to MDPC (Its Proline21, although limited accepted all entries and followed the FP to the dot on RWY 09)

then on the way back MDPC to TFFF I used the Carenado Phenom 300 upgraded with the GTN750. What can I say mm... The leg was faster..

Both planes behaved like champions.

sorry i'm not familiar at all with the GTN750 style.  GTN 750 is sold separate to the embraer 300 or can i get it in a package?

What advantages does the GTN750 have over the G1000 as i have more experience with the G1000 and none with the GTN750

GTN 750 = SID/STAR , RNAV ?

EDIT CJ2 not CJA lol

sorry i'm not familiar at all with the GTN750 style.  GTN 750 is sold separate to the embraer 300 or can i get it in a package?

What advantages does the GTN750 have over the G1000 as i have more experience with the G1000 and none with the GTN750

GTN 750 = SID/STAR , RNAV ?

The F1 GTN750 and GTN650 are sold separately.

They can do most  (>90% ) of what the real things do.

IMO: One of the best addons ever, put it in a touchscreen and it is pure joy :smile:

The flight simulator G1000's are limited at best, IMO the most advanced comes in the F1 Mustang, but lacks airways and depth.

A year frrom now things sure will be different Ray.

Just for the record, our CX 2.0 may be older but still exceeds the competition when it comes to fidelity to Corporate Aviation Operation and doesn't require community "tweaks" to accomplish that goal. :smile:

Oh almost forgot, there is a learning curve but it's worth the effort.

No disagreements with your reply. But it is old, does not handle WAAS, and requires the paid version of FSUIPC for the fadec to work. This is not a review, the OP asked for recommendations for a "new jet". Your X does not meet that criteria.

Regards,

Ray