Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Looking for a new verstaile GA/Business jet

sorry i'm not familiar at all with the GTN750 style.  GTN 750 is sold separate to the embraer 300 or can i get it in a package?

What advantages does the GTN750 have over the G1000 as i have more experience with the G1000 and none with the GTN750

GTN 750 = SID/STAR , RNAV ?

EDIT CJ2 not CJA lol

Actually, those are the exact things that makes the GTN750 shine. LPV approaches, SIDS and STARS, moving maps, rubber banding changes to the Flight plan, point and shoot visual goodness.

I recommend you suspend your search for a new jet until you have explored the modern Nav add ons available. A good start would be the Phenom 300 Avsim review followed by the F1 GTN review. Google is your friend.

Regards,

Ray

A year frrom now things sure will be different Ray..

I'm counting the days. Will you give me a 90 day notice so I can be ready for the release and not tied down with a review? I'm willing to sign your NDA.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Is there any new Ga/business jets coming very soon?

What about that wilco one?

There are wars and rumors of wars.

FLIGHT1 has a Lear somewhere in the pipeline. There is another older Lear model in work by another dev but that's all I know.

Milviz has just started a Lear 60XR with full Proline 21 but I have no idea if they will push it forward and pass up other models that have been in work for years.

ESDG is working on a Citation XLS+ with full Proline 21. I'm guessing it is not very close to completion, but have absolutely no idea of where there are in the build. They post some screenshots every few months or so, but it has been in work for more than 3 years - so who knows? I do expect to fly that one before I die of old age.

The Wilco 7X could show up anytime between tomorrow and never. I am set to write the Avsim review and I thought it would have been out 6 months ago. I did a lot of research on the real plane and Wilco is building a "dumbed down" version of the rw cockpit and after following their Facebook page for more than a year I am not expecting anything more than a "low end" good looking external model. I would love to be proved wrong, but I have never owned anything from Wilco that didn't look like they secretly hired Abacus Pub to build it for them.

Wilco is in their 3rd year of building the 7X.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

The XLS+ is getting close. I realize that really doesn't say anything, but as the guy staring at it almost every night for the last 3 years nobody wants it finished more than I do!

The XLS+ is getting close. I realize that really doesn't say anything, but as the guy staring at it almost every night for the last 3 years nobody wants it finished more than I do!

That is very encouraging. I am not that far behind you in wanting it to be completed. Just for the record, I do believe in Santa Claus.  :wink:

Ray

Flysimware Lear 35 or Flight1 Mustang or King Air. The "other" addon company where you have to unrealistically fit in a GTN gps because the avionics package is buggy and the systems are not modelled is a non starter to me.

Thanks Ray, I think he'd have to work earlier than normal...

Is there any new Ga/business jets coming very soon?

What about that wilco one?

Nathan,

Here are my two recommendations for you.

Regards,

Ray

CJ2_P300_1024.jpg

• Upvote 3

The "other" addon company where you have to unrealistically fit in a GTN gps because the avionics package is buggy and the systems are not modelled is a non starter to me.

Are you sure it's not realistic?

If they do it on real plane. Why not on a sim?

Google it, or see it here http://www.advantageavionics.com/

A year frrom now things sure will be different Ray.

Just for the record, our CX 2.0 may be older but still exceeds the competition when it comes to fidelity to Corporate Aviation Operation and doesn't require community "tweaks" to accomplish that goal. :smile:

Oh almost forgot, there is a learning curve but it's worth the effort.

I totally agree with Ron! This is a very impressive bird with breathtaking performances. Not so difficult to learn and for people not familiar with FMS, there are excellent tutorials on the tube and also great vids. The plane is a joy to flight by hand. Yes for sure it require the paid version of FSUIPC but nowadays many people have it and agreed it's a necessary tool to have.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

What are you linking me to? Are you trying to tell me all the Carenado models in real life have their ProLine avionics taken out so a GTN can be fit in instead?

I'm not trying to tell you nothing, and I never said all Carenado's

You said it was not realistic.

But the fact remains. Real CJ1 & CJ2s are being upgraded to GTNs 750/650, and I still see the Proline's in those pics.

So a Carenado CJ2 with a GTN mod mimics realistic models.

Forum search function is important

In P3D but this stuff applies to FSX too

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483134-business-jet-for-p3d/?fromsearch=1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What are you linking me to? Are you trying to tell me all the Carenado models in real life have their ProLine avionics taken out so a GTN can be fit in instead?

The real world practice of owners retrofitting older model CJs with newer navigation equipment such as GNS 430/530 packages or GTN 650/750s is not new.

There exists a Carenado bias, present in the simulation community, where some purchase a product that they publically admit lacks features, contains improper or erroneous coding, and flat out dishonest claims.

These folks publically set out to shoehorn the Flight One GTN package into the MFDs of said product/s, ask others to rewrite code that is erroneous, and generally embark on a "community rebuild, retrofit effort with various "fixes" to make it a "workable or serviceable" product. Earlier on, this practice even included FDE and fuel flow "fixes".

To date, we are unaware of any other development house which relies on the public and simulation community to purchase, then rebuild to suit servicability requirements.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png