Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

NZNI Tour 3 - Texans over Tauranga

Texans over Tauranga

This week’s tour takes features stops along the northwest coast of the North Island of New Zealand.  Starting at Whakatane (NZWK) on the Bay of Plenty, the route continues to Rotorua (NZRO), Tauranga (NZTG), Pauanui Beach(NZUN), Great Barrier(NZGB), Whangarei(NZWR), Kerikeri (NZKK),  before reaching the final airport at Kaitaia (NZKT) after flying 281nm.

To celebrate the release of the A2A T-6 Texan, Participants who have that aircraft are encouraged to use it for this session, but as always you are free to fly what you like.

TexanoverTauranga.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight and Route Narrative is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx FTX New Zealand North Island

Date and time: Saturday 2nd March 2016, 1800 UTC 

(NOTE: New UTC start time during Daylight Savings Time Period) http://time.is/UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron, Set server time to 3:00 UTC, 14:00 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

If you don't have the T-6, choose something in the 130-160kts cruise range. We don't want to be left behind. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm trying out Ant's T-28A Trojan, the successor to the T-6  (I'd forgotten how good it is, to be honest).  If you don't fly it with everything firewalled I think it can mooch along in that kind of speed range.

i just bought the t6   what a plane.   however i hope you guys are patient with me since i have not had any time spent flying it.   ground looped it on first landing :)

BTW  is the scenery a must?

To avoid elevation issues, it might be a good idea.  The NZ scenery as a whole is outstanding and worth the price.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

In case this is of help to any other non-Texan owners, I'm using the Warwick Carter freeware T-6 Texan as a multiplayer proxy for the A2A model.  There are some very nice repaints available for it on AVSIM.  You can get it here.

Ron, I need your aircraft.cfg title line so I can alias you!  Otherwise you're condemned to appearing as a trike all evening :Tounge:

Sorry to say I'm not feeling well this morning, so will take a break from flying with y'all.  But hopefully see you next week.

Stew

Stew

Take it easy Stew, rest up, get waited on hand and foot. We'll be thinking of you. :wink:

Screenshots from flight.   Two shots of the Texans in formation flight from Whakatane.

tt21846b.jpg

tt1c1713.jpg

Solo Texan over Great Barrier Island

tt3e6ba2.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Impressive, Jeff!  Sorry I missed it, but I'm on the mend today.

Stew

Nice!   :good:  I'm going to post these over on A2A's forum. With permission of the copyright owner, of course. :wink:

Nice!   :good:  I'm going to post these over on A2A's forum. With permission of the copyright owner, of course. :wink:

No problem with me.  Post away!

26aLetj.png

HI guys, I'm back from an extended holiday but unfortunately was terribly sick with combined head cold and allergy to the high pollen count we have in our area right now so unable to join.

I am getting my new PC very soon if all goes well and will be doing a rebuild of FSX and will add P3dv3.

My question is when we do these multi player flights are they exclusive to FSX or can multi players be using P3D and FSX in the same flight?

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3