Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

FS9 splash screen missing

Hi there, hopefully this is being posted in the corret forum. I have noticed that when I now start FS9, after the main Flight Simulator 2004 screen is displayed, the sim goes straght to an aircaft at an airport, ie. it misses out the settings page. I had not realised this until I got some new scenery and now need to go into the scenery settings menu. Also, when I end a flight, it shuts down the whole sim, again not going to this settings page. It also means I have been unable to create a flight. I'm sure I must have just done something silly, I just cann't remember what. My memory is not what it used to be!Thanks for your help.

Guest jgreth123

I believe in your FS9.CFG there is a setting for this... something about the intro screen. I'm at work or I'd look the actual value up for you.Just look through it, it will stand out when you see it.Hope that helps.

You have changed the .cfg somehow.If you are using an additional program e;g 'FS Addon Manager' and have used the 'Fly Now' facility. It happens when you exit FSAddon Manager before FS9. That alters your .cfg and steers you straight into where you left off next time you load FS9.The simple way of changing this and, any other problems is to go 'Start/ProgramFiles/MicorosoftGames/FS2004/TroubleShooting/RestoreDefaults.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest kloker

Dave,I was having a problem with my 2D panel appearing in full screen mode and used the restore default command to fix it. Who knew! The last time this happened (five weeks ago) I could only fix it with a complete re-install of FS9. So, thanks for the help!keith2W6

Glad to of been of help.BTW the 'splash screen' is the the picture that you should get when you load the program. Usually the DC-3 but you can change that if you want to.It resides in the 'Uires' folder under the title of 'dlgsplash'.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png