Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Removing External View and Aircraft View

Hi Opus.

I'm using OpusFSI 4.65.5 with Win10 64bit and P3DV3.2 with OpusPDK_v3.DLL enabled.

I've only created VC views myself but it looks like OpusFSI is creating it's own Opus External View and Opus Aircraft View cameras which I really do not want to see.

How can I remove these two views from the keyboard S key view cycling sequence?

Thanks,
gb..

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You can't without disabling Live Camera as they are needed for creating external camera views.

You could possibly change CycleHidden=No to Yes within the relevant camera template txt files in your OpusFSI folder then force an update of all aircraft cfg files by opening the Live Camera dialog. But this will only be temporary and correct view cycling (mode selection) will not work. You won't be able to create or use any external views or external aircraft panning sequences etc..

Stephen

Note, view cycling is the only way OpusFSI can select the required external aircraft views so Live Camera relies on these views NOT being CycleHidden. These views are also the ONLY way OpusFSI can create and control external aircraft type views. You cannot use VC views to create external aircraft views, it's just not possible to use VC mode that way. So these views are essential for that purpose.

If you are using Live Camera why are you still using the S key, or just use shift-S to cycle back from Spot Plane etc.. With Live Camera you could and should just create your own external aircraft views. You can even assign a common key such as the X key to view cycle then. That way you will be able to create your own preferred views and also be creative with some external aircraft panning sequences.

Stephen

You can't without disabling Live Camera as they are needed for creating external camera views.

You could possibly change CycleHidden=No to Yes within the relevant camera template txt files in your OpusFSI folder then force an update of all aircraft cfg files by opening the Live Camera dialog. But this will only be temporary and correct view cycling (mode selection) will not work. You won't be able to create or use any external views or external aircraft panning sequences etc..

Thanks Stephen.

I just changed the appropriate CycleHidden entry to Yes in both camera.cfgs and that has removed them from the S key cycle permanently. I'm not seeing them return when I reload the sim as you predict. (?)

I'm sure many find the Opus external views great but I really only need the spot view mode.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Not on reload but when Live Camera is forced to update the cfg files.

Stephen

Yes you are right. Bit of a nuisance that.

Pity there is not a global "Disable External Views" in the FSI config.  :)

gb.