Sign in to follow this  
zool

Wilco climb rate

Hi folks 

i have wilco airbus A330-300 , the problem is aircraft climbing too fast 

last flight I had 5800fpm ! 

any help 

What specifically were the circumstances?  I can make almost any aircraft climb that fast ..... for awhile.

Wilco Airbus models have a completely wrong performance model. It's just the way they're made.

Aerosoft improves quite a lot (while still being wrong), but unfortunately there's no A330 yet.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

What specifically were the circumstances?  I can make almost any aircraft climb that fast ..... for awhile.

it’s a normal climb , after takeoff shifting the throttle back to CLB mod

and when the speed reaches 250kts it starts climbing by very high fpm 

You should use the Wilco configuration manager before every flight:

Having entered all the details into config manager, keep it open while FS launches and you have the A330 panel onscreen.

Program the FMC with ALL the required info such as ZFW etc. from the configuration manager - the more info you give it, the better it flies (there is nothing wrong with the performance model).

(there is nothing wrong with the performance model).

Yes, except everything.

You can fully load the 330 with PAX and fuel and it'll climb to FL410 at 2000ft/min. If this isn't wrong, we're flying an F-16 and nobody told me.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yes, except everything.

You can fully load the 330 with PAX and fuel and it'll climb to FL410 at 2000ft/min. If this isn't wrong, we're flying an F-16 and nobody told me.

I am genuinely surprised by this, though I notice you have a Prepar3d banner in your signature - I only use FS2004.

Zool

Contact me via PM.

I have a set of FD that are correct.

Trevor

Trevor, thanks for reminding me that I have applied every tweak and mod available to the Wilco Airbus series years ago, and FD's were probably among them - I've had them for so long now I honestly can't remember!