Sign in to follow this  
CB_Pilot

Where is the NE Scenery Layer?

May I ask for some help and guidance please with my newly purchased Night Environment British Isles v1.71 for FSX:SE?

I installed NE, setup the default preset in Configuration Manager v1.2, launched FSX:SE and I'm not at all sure that I see NE effects appearing. I also run ORBX FTX Global, Vector, Land Class and the ORBX scenery packs for Scotland, Wales, etc.

I've read some forum contributions which talk about NE insertion points in the scenery files but I can't see any entry for NE in my scenery files in either the FSX:SE configuration screen or in FTX Central 2 Tools. 

Is anyone able to advise what I'm doing wrong please? Or have I completely misunderstood how to set up NE?

For information - the BGL files are all in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\aerosoft\Night Environment - British-Isles\Scenery but when I try to add the scenery manually in FSX:SE it tells me that no items match my search - and that's after following an AVSIM video on how to add manual scenery entries.

Thanks in anticipation,

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

All is well - manually added scenery (eventually) and it is MAGNIFICENT.

Seriously, if you have never flown Night Environment then I strongly suggest that you try it out. I don't think I've ever been so impressed with a scenery add-on before now.

Night flying is now an absolute joy.

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert