Hi everyone,

I have been using a dual Saitek TQ setup but it is getting more and more twichy as time goes by, even cleaning the pots doesn't last long.

I have been looking at the GOFlight product, can anyone give me their thoughts? I use my TQ for multi engine, or 2,3 or 4 engine aircraft on all simulators, FSX, P3D and XPlane.

Thanks

Been looking at this too, for the same reasons. I have three Saitek quads and they're all getting impossibly glitchy. The TQ6 looks good but the 'reverse' feature is just switches so if you fly jets or turboprops you won't be able to have analog reverse unless you use two of the other axes. I could live with that as I can recover three analog axes from the remains of my CH yoke with a bit of 'rebuilding'. Given how I have laid out my cockpit I also need a quad I can mount upside-down, so this one fits the bill. But it's also fairly expensive (£300+ in the UK and you'll likely pay VAT on top). RC Simulations claims to have them in stock, although still over £300 before shipping.

At the end of the day I may just go for a CH Products 'quadrant' (even though it's not really a quadrant!) as a good enough option.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Been looking at this too, for the same reasons. I have three Saitek quads and they're all getting impossibly glitchy. The TQ6 looks good but the 'reverse' feature is just switches so if you fly jets or turboprops you won't be able to have analog reverse unless you use two of the other axes. I could live with that as I can recover three analog axes from the remains of my CH yoke with a bit of 'rebuilding'. Given how I have laid out my cockpit I also need a quad I can mount upside-down, so this one fits the bill. But it's also fairly expensive (£300+ in the UK and you'll likely pay VAT on top). RC Simulations claims to have them in stock, although still over £300 before shipping.

At the end of the day I may just go for a CH Products 'quadrant' (even though it's not really a quadrant!) as a good enough option.

Thanks Mark, food for thought....will have to have a close look at it.

I just bought the TQ6, I'm not entirely happy with it. The lever movement is not smooth, it's tighter towards the bottom and binds during travel (especially towards the bottom) making fine adjustments a little difficult depending on where the levers are. They've loosened up a little since I've had them and I've gotten used to them for the most part. The case looks like it can be taken apart and there may be some way to lubricate or adjust the mechanism to make it smoother, but I haven't tried this yet.

Also, although the outside is nice solid metal, the internal parts that hold the levers are plastic and you can definitely feel this. The levers have a "wobbly" feel to them, and they will rub against the case if you put any side pressure on them. It's not a huge deal, but I was really hoping for a more solid feel from a peripheral at this price.

The main thing that attracted me to these throttles was the fact that you can easily swap out the levers. I fly mostly GA and I love being able to go from a twin-engine configuration to a single with almost no effort. The levers are held in by friction and it works really well in an upright configuration, but if you plan to mount them upside down and you inadvertently put downward pulling pressure on them I would worry about the levers coming out when you don't want them to.

Overall the unit gets the job done and if it were sub $250 I'd be more happy with it. I also got the desk clamp (which is really solid and well designed), so I spent nearly twice that, and was really hoping for something with a more solid and smooth feel.

I also have the CH quadrant and was never really happy with it. The levers have a really short throw, and they have a detent at idle so you have to put extra pressure to get the levers out of idle which I really don't like. Because of the short throw it makes single engine operations cumbersome because the unused levers are always getting in the way. You can swap the lever caps but it takes a lot of effort to get them off and on and is not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.

if you plan to mount them upside down and you inadvertently put downward pulling pressure on them I would worry about the levers coming out when you don't want them to

Thanks for that. Sounds like this isn't really up to the job in any sense, which is a bit disappointing. (But not as disappointing as having paid £300+ for one and then figured it out!)

Bad news on the CH too. There don't seem to be too many choices out there :sad:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

From a nearby thread, here's a link to a pair of new quadrants from Virtual Fly. The only issue I can see is you can't really use them upside-down unless you accept that the positions are M/P/T instead of T/P/M. Some different pics on AirDailyX.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

From a nearby thread, here's a link to a pair of new quadrants from Virtual Fly. The only issue I can see is you can't really use them upside-down unless you accept that the positions are M/P/T instead of T/P/M. Some different pics on AirDailyX.

Thanks Mark, interesting....I was just about to order the TQ6 from GoFlight...might wait and see what the product from VirtualFly looks like.