Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Our Beta Test, Explained

simFDR is currently in an open beta. We want to get our service in front of as many people as possible to test it out and get feedback from our users. We encourage you to sign up at simFDR and try things out. Break things, if you can!

It’s an exciting phase because you, our initial users, get to shape the future direction of this service. Writing digital software is an evolutionary process - it depends on engaged, passionate users who can make a truly awesome product. I’m confident that you’ll find simFDR’s data and logbook as amazing as I do. Many of its features were suggested to me by other simulator pilots and virtual airline members - I’m confident that future revisions of simFDR are going to have even more great ideas from people like yourself.

Purchasing simFDR is done through our web site. We handle transactions ourselves for two reasons - first, to minimize costs we don’t go through a third-party publisher. Second, we’re passionate about all aspects of the experience and we wanted to ensure that our store was convenient, functional and secure.

We don’t store (or even see) your credit card numbers. Our transaction processing goes through Stripe, which provides an advanced and secure interface for credit card transactions around the world. Our store front is fully functional in beta - with one major exception. It won’t take a real credit card number. We’ve provided you with a large number of test credit cards to validate our store front and all aspects of the purchase experience.

Enjoy simFDR. It’s still going to be a little rough around the edges, but we hope you’ll see the promise, be delighted and work together to create something fantastic.

One other nice part about our own store front is that we can provide all sorts of goodies and discounts to beta testers who log the most valid bugs, fly the most flights, etc. Again, we depend on our users to create value and we want to give back to those of you who do.

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.