Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Discussion Thread for the "Ask Dovetail Games..." Thread!

Tempted just to try it out...

Do we know 

a, if Simconnect/plug-ins such as FSUIPC will be supported?

b, Whose Cherokee is included?

Two Pipers and no Cessna's sounds like a licensing deal...

I've got the A2A Cherokee, so sort of wish a different plane was included...but heigh-ho, never mind :)

Cheers

Keith

For Flight School As for A , since no addons will be supported, probably will not be needed. I'm sure there will be some kind of interface for addons/plugins when DFS is release later this year. (We need an acronym for Flight School, since we can't use DFS, may I suggest DFSL?)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It does sound like that's the only teaching of navigation we'll get in Flight School.

I would prefer a lot more obviously.

However, Flight School apparently covers LAPL, PPL and Night Flying.

None of those as I understand it need instrument navigation or more than a basic understanding of how VOR and ADF work.

From what Stephen Hood has said, its possible we'll get DLC for DFS which has further Flight School type stuff in it, and I'd look forward to that.

edit:  I wrote this before seeing the video of Kyle Rogers.

Ironically, he seemed to be saying that PPL does have more nav radio stuff in it than I thought.

But he also seemed to think that all training in Flight School will be in a UK based flight school, which I don't think is the case.

Interesting thoughts thanks for posting it.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Yeah, tbh I think we're overreacting (myself included); as Flyingmonkey said, seasoned simmers who nitpick over shadows and torque parameters are clearly not the target market for this $12 set of beginners tutorials, so their choice to use concept art in the trailer is perfectly reasonable.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I'm a  torque Nut scotchegg, and yet, I am all for it :-)

Let's see where this huge expectations go, but somehow I think I will not get disappointed :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I give you two weeks before you uninstall it. Maximum.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Heheh... 2 full weeks ?  That's too benevolent scotchegg.... 6 days max....

No, kidding, I really have to find some way to get away from the Combat Flightsim stuff - it's just too good flight dynamics wise, but I feel sooooo ridiculous playing war games :-/

And other than that, what's the purpose of flying around Criema in a p51d, Bf109k4 or Fw190 ?  

At least in DTG, X-Plane, MSFS, I can go World wide, and.... stay away from countless our dogfighting :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Heheh... 2 full weeks ?  That's too benevolent scotchegg.... 6 days max....

No, kidding, I really have to find some way to get away from the Combat Flightsim stuff - it's just too good flight dynamics wise, but I feel sooooo ridiculous playing war games :-/

And other than that, what's the purpose of flying around Criema in a p51d, Bf109k4 or Fw190 ?  

At least in DTG, X-Plane, MSFS, I can go World wide, and.... stay away from countless our dogfighting :-)

This tbh

War thunder already does most of the stuff people want from dtg but is a limited war game

I might start playing it again

Wait....... You want to buy from the windows store?  :shok:

lol, I would rather just download from Dovetail, but that retail channel is not going to be available. I would rather get it from the Windows Store than have to install Steam in order for me to fly. I enjoy that freedom with FSX, X-Plane and P3D, I even have BC2 that doesn't require Origin to be installed.

Since Windows Store is baked into the OS, at least it's transparent. I've just had bad experiences having to install other software to run software which runs software.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

Waiting on the mods.... :)

Martin: when can we expect to see a new batch of screenshots and/or videos of Flight School?

I second that question. 

I second that question. 

I third it.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I would expect that to be included in Flight School as a bare minimum. It's all very well talking about "fun", but you still have to teach the proper basics of flying if you want anything useful to come from the project.

From what Martin has said about the target market for Flight School, I get the impression that "getting anything useful from the project" is simply kick-starting the joy of flying a small plane, period. Takeoffs, landings, flying a pattern and enjoying the scenery below. Not preparing the student for a PPL and IFR rating in real life.

The fact that they're using a Super Cub is kind of a hint there. I'd be surprised if the product has anything beyond a typical in-game moving map for navigation.

I mean, whadd'ya want for 15 bucks?  :smile:

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Waiting on the mods.... :)

Martin: when can we expect to see a new batch of screenshots and/or videos of Flight School?

There are NO MODS allowed!! Thats the problem! Its a Closed game! Check previous posts. There is no future potential!

Dovetail will have to learn the hard way from this rediculous, close minded decision!

Microsoft didn't make that mistake.....much like their windows platfrom, they very wisely encouraged 3rd party development and they created a Hot product!

Prepar3d allows 3rd party addons

Xplane allows 3rd party addons

DCSworld allows 3rd party addons

All highly desirable products

I'm looking forward to the 3D charts that they previewed in the trailer  :dance:

Seeing the emphasis they've put on LAPL and PPL (in the interviews, if not in the trailer video) it will be disappointing I think if we don't get a bit more indepth than your description there I think Paraffin.  But then again they won't want to scare people off so there's probably not much groundschool in there other than a few videos to watch.

(pure speculation on my part but then that's mostly all we have at the moment)

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

If Flight School does not teach point to point navigation using VOR/DME/NDB etc, then I am not interested.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png