Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Looking for a new Biz Jet for P3D? How about a not-so-new Biz Jet for P3D?

One of our newer forum members started a thread a couple of days ago asking for recommendations for his first biz jet for his flightsim. He stated that he had been flying 'PMDG and A2A but nothing in between" and it would be used for his Vatsim flying. I responded with my recommendations because I read his request as 'looking for a new jet'. Others read it as 'PMDG and A2A quality' (does that even exist today?), while some interpreted it as 'He has to be asking for the ESDG Citation X' or 'the Carenado Phenom 300' or pick your favorite add on.

For violations of the Avsim rules, the thread was locked so I don’t think the OP ever got a full picture of what is available and what is in the pipeline for later this year or later as far as Biz Jets.

During the middle of the night, last night, I heard the faint ding of an arriving email so when a huge clap of thunder shook the bedroom walls, I decided to check my email. An unknown friend, had sent a note to remind me 'how gracious' my words written in one of my 3 year old reviews were toward these two particular jets. So in the middle of the night, ipad in hand, I googled 'Cessna and the Citations - an Avsim review' and begin reading. An hour later, 4:05 am, I am at my desk, with a fresh cup of coffee typing this post.

There were numerous posts recommending the Flight1 Cessna Mustang and the ESDG v2.0 Citation X before the lockdown. Simply because I had devoted so much effort in researching and writing this review on these two add-ons and the ESDG CJ1+ I thought it might be prudent to bring it back for a redo.

Although, announcements were previously posted on the Avsim news pages for this, I want to let the folks know that a couple of our all-time favorite corporate business jets that have been glaringly absent from P3D have now arrived for our flight simming pleasure.

So if you are considering adding one or both of these two biz jets to your P3D sim, you might find some hidden gems in the many pages of the review.

The Citation X requires an updated installer (free to purchasers with a valid account), but the Flight1 Mustang will require a new purchase for the P3D edition (special pricing).

I have now dusted off the archived review, but was unable to come up with a pdf edition, and found it still makes for some good bedtime reading. If this sounds like something you might be interested in reading check it out here. Be sure to click on the thumbnails, there are lots of nice screenshots and photos included.

btw, I hope Nathan, the OP, finds his new jet.

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/cessna-and-the-citations-r1480

Best Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Nicely stated Ray. We sometimes forget the "oldies but goodies" as we keep up with the new releases.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes, well stated and bumped so the poster of that thread might see it.  I loved a lot about that thread.  Personally, I'd rather they removed the offending comment than shut it down.  I've found that the Carenado CJ1 has far less people complaining about it than in the past.  Whether it's because it's a better airplane than their usual or that the disillusioned have gone away (probably, some of both) is yet to be seen.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

Yep - concur - while some bad - mostly good info being shared and obviously a popular topic... I guess I'm focusing on biz jets for the first time in my relatively long MSFS career - since I really can't fly into class Bravo's with realistic levels of AI traffic and advanced jet liners with my current system - as I could easily do in FS9... The beauty of FSX/P3D is that there is much more effort given to the smaller airports that were almost completely ignored in FS9... A perfect biz jet environment...

The CJ2 by Carenado is a pretty decent plane (obviously the visual model is beautiful - goes without saying) - I'd just like to see a bit more basic functionality included with the FMC... I noted the posts where the FMC seems based off the default GPS which explains a lot... As Ed mentioned - somewhat ironically - that he doesn't like the G1000's - I'm in the same boat - never been a fan of those massive screens (especially in FS)... I much prefer the early glass with discreet instruments such as Eaglesoft's CJ1+ or Carenado's CJ2 550... Maybe I should try the CJ2 550 as well - as it lends itself to better use of the ISG FMC which I'm comfortable with and have enjoyed for many years ???

Ray - your reviews are incredible and obviously pretty fair and unbiased - it's obvious by your effort and enthusiasm that it's a topic you truly love - much appreciated - sir...

So it seems the future is pretty bright in the biz jet market - looking forward to what comes about...

Thanks one and all...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

So it seems the future is pretty bright in the biz jet market - looking forward to what comes about...

Thank god...finally! 

The new Milviz KingAir (coming out soon now, they say) might be up your alley.

http://milviz.com/flight/products/KA350/index.php

I used to like the G1000...then I didn't...then I did again.  After a while I just came to the point that I realized it's the same info with a different display.  The harder question (for simming) is whether or not it actually works well enough for someone to "aviate, navigate, and communicate".  Some of the systems are sketchy, crashing the sim, freezing or not complete or stable enough to use on VATSIM.  I guess that's the bar I look for:  can I reliably fly a plane on VATSIM or PilotEdge in IMC and be reasonably sure it will stay stable?  Will it allow me to make changes to my flightplan when ATC requests them?   Maybe that's why I don't see some of the aircraft types there.  Not stable enough.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I thought the OP was asking about business jets?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Gregg,

Yep - that bird is definitely on my radar as well...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

I bought the F1 Citation Mustang on the day of release, back in (I think) early 2010.  I still fly it on an almost weekly basis.  I can't think of any other aircraft addon that is that old that I still enjoy today as much as I did on day 1.

Great review Ray - thoroughly enjoyed reading it over 2 cups of coffee this morning. :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Is the Hawker and Phenom 300 fmc pretty much the same when it comes to detail? I too have had my eye on those as well as the CJ1

Kevin Humphryes

Hi Kevin,

While I don't have it - I've read a lot of negative feedback on the Carenado Hawker... Just do your due diligence and research thoroughly before a purchase...

Regards,
Scott

Scott check email and PM about CJ1+. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I bought the F1 Citation Mustang on the day of release, back in (I think) early 2010.  I still fly it on an almost weekly basis.  I can't think of any other aircraft addon that is that old that I still enjoy today as much as I did on day 1.

Great review Ray - thoroughly enjoyed reading it over 2 cups of coffee this morning. :smile:

Thanks, Yep, review is a little long but . . .. I still like that F1 Mustang also. I added it to P3D and I think it is even better. It might just be the environmental improvements and the banana, or maybe I just haven't flown it for awhile. Nope, I bet it is the new PC that handles the FPS better. Yep, smoother with more umph driving it.

Thanks for the nice comment.

Ray

Is the Hawker and Phenom 300 fmc pretty much the same when it comes to detail? I too have had my eye on those as well as the CJ1

I have both, and prefer the Phenom 300 for many reasons. I like the Hawker because of the Proline 21 and the speed, but now that the CJ2 is here, it is my favorite this week. (fickle)

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray - just to let you know I bookmarked your excellent article on "Cessna and the Citations" a couple years ago ;)

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Planning on making a purchase tonight. I'm down to S550 Citation or CJ1 or Embrarer 300. Someone steer me in the right direction.

Kevin Humphryes