Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Looking for a new Biz Jet for P3D? How about a not-so-new Biz Jet for P3D?

I haven't tried the other two but I like the S550 and the FlySimware Learjet for small bizjet flying.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My personal choices would be

1. phenom 300

2. Cessna Citation S/II

3. Could you possibly have made typo with the CJ1?

If you actually meant to type CJ2 then my stacking order would be

1. CJ2

2. Phenom 300

3. S550 Citation

If you did indeed mean CJ1, do you mean the CJ1+?

If so, it would be #4 in its current shape.

The CJ2 has the original Proline 21 Collins lookalike panel,

The Phenom 300 has the first generation Prodigy G1000 panel

And the S550 has a mix of round, square, and vertical instruments.

All 3 have free aftermarket, but Carenado approved, mods to increase functionality.

The Phenom 300 And S550 have recent Avsim reviews. The CJ1+ has an older review but was featured in the review linked by the OP.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

CJ1+ should not be in the dicussion as we we were disapointed in that release.

It is being tested as is under W10 and P3Dv3 to evaluate viability of a total rebuild.

That's down the road a bit of course, as our hands are quite full at the moment.

We do however, have the latest and greatest CJ1+ documention and will continue evaluation. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Kevin Humphryes

The CJ2 has only been out about 2 weeks but we have a ton of improvements in beta testing for popups, clickspots, better coding, etc.

Carenado is working on v1.1 but, we don't know when it will be available.  I'm guessing the V1.1 will catch the few faux pas that got shipped with the initial release - none of which will stop you from flying and enjoying, of course.

Good Luck with the choice(s)

Regards,

Ray

For a old girl The Citation X  is one of my favorites so i'm happy to see it work in P3D,Hopefully the Keyboard assignments in the .INI file

will be fixed soon. the only one that works is the CRS assignment.  other than that it's still a great Addition to any hanger and I own them all.

Marty, we are aware of that issue in our forums and can say it will be fixed in CX Extreme 3.0 if not before.. :wink:

I must say I enjoy her more in P3D than FSX..

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I did see that Ron and must agree about the performance in P3D. Ed said he may rework it so hopefully I can get it to work with my Panels

before he gets it finished.

I bought the CJ2!  getting everything setup now.  (cameras,navigraph,Fsuipc)

Kevin Humphryes

I bought

the CJ2!  getting everything setup now.  (cameras,navigraph,Fsuipc)

Good choice.

Ray

ok i am having trouble setting up the CJ2 in fsuipc.  The problem is when I am assigning the throttle the reverse thrust is working fine except when I go back to idle the flaps behind the engine dont retract back to where they should be.  Also having problem with assigning the speed brake.  I am trying to assign to spoiler in fsuipc but when I raise the lever to lower the speed brake it doesn't move.  Using saitek quadrant.

Kevin Humphryes

ok i am having trouble setting up the CJ2 in fsuipc. The problem is when I am assigning the throttle the reverse thrust is working fine except when I go back to idle the flaps behind the engine dont retract back to where they should be. Also having problem with assigning the speed brake. I am trying to assign to spoiler in fsuipc but when I raise the lever to lower the speed brake it doesn't move. Using saitek quadrant.

What kind of controls are you using?

Are you trying to get the flaps to retract automatically when the throttles go to idle after reverse thrust?  I haven't heard of an airplane that automatically does that.  It would require an LUA script.

For the speedbrake, if you're using a 'throttle type' lever, you may need to use a range which on the Axis assignment page on the right side.  I set a range about halfway on my lever on down to the lower end to engage Spoilers.  Then I assign a command to execute when the lever leaves that range...Spoolers Retracted.

Does that help?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Kevin,

If this is the 525A - there is no reverse thrust... That's just a flap to reduce thrust at idle speeds to save on brake pads... See Ray - I listen...

:)

I assigned my speed brakes through FSUIPC button presses "Spoiler On" and "Spoiler Off" and it does work... Not that it should make a difference but are you using an axis ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7