Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

My experience with 364.72 the latest nvidia driver.

Bonjour,

I was using 361.43 with FPS unlimited, Vsync and TB disabled. Not too bad, but some hésitations in turn (microstutters).

I read that the last 364.72 brings full support to virtual reality, and I said to myself that may be Nvidia changed something concerning the vsynch.

So I tried. First I noticed an increase in FPS, but more microstutters appearing very very regularly.

I reenabled in P3D vsynch and TB , it was better. Than I decided to use adaptative half refresh rate in CP.

Now for me with a 60hz monitor and a 780 GTX everything is better. very fluid and very stable FPS. 

So may be something has changed in the vsynch management.

It was just to share this experience. 

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

Thank, I will give them a try.

Things improved for me here a bit as well. Although in the other direction. I'm now running smooth unlimited, vsync and TB off. Haven't done that for a while due to stutters. 60hz 4k Samsung.

Things improved for me here a bit as well. Although in the other direction. I'm now running smooth unlimited, vsync and TB off. Haven't done that for a while due to stutters. 60hz 4k Samsung.

I just tried this with 361.43 and I have to say it's the best setting for me so far. Of course FPS are fluctuating depending on situation, but it remains smooth. Around 40 fps at FT CYYZ in the NGX with traffic and ASN cloudy weather isn't too bad. Also at 60hz on a 1440 Asus 27". Finally starting to feel I'm getting somewhere.

I just tried this with 361.43 and I have to say it's the best setting for me so far.

Excellent, glad it's working out for you too!

There is a post here that included a Youtube vid by Kyle Rogers, who mentioned that his sim had serious issues due to the new drivers, so he rolled back to the 361/362 drivers and everything was good.  Everyone may have varied results, but for me, I'm still sticking with 361 as that one works fine...don't fix it if it ain't broke, right?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Jim,

There is a post here that included a Youtube vid by Kyle Rogers, who mentioned that his sim had serious issues due to the new drivers

I am not sure Kyle was talking about the same drivers, but if you can give me the link to the post, it would be nice, as I was going to buy the PMDG 737NGX for P3D,  I would like to be sure their product works fine with this driver.

don't fix it if it ain't broke, right?

Yes you are right, but it is not so dangerous to try, just 10 minutes, and it is easy to roll back.

In fact with the 361 serie, I had a vsync problem, and stutters related to the fact that P3D in DX11 doesn't work like FSX in the full screen mode. (no window exclusive mode)... May you have a 30hz capable monitor ?

So as I saw that this drivers support the virtual reality, I though that may be NVIDIA changed the way they manage vsync.

I made a lot of flight this morning, and I can say I am not disapointed.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

Can anyone kindly  link me the tool for completely uninstalling the old drivers as when I tried to install this version, I kept getting Failed messages splashed across?

Thanks.

There is a post here that included a Youtube vid by Kyle Rogers, who mentioned that his sim had serious issues due to the new drivers, so he rolled back to the 361/362 drivers and everything was good.  Everyone may have varied results, but for me, I'm still sticking with 361 as that one works fine...don't fix it if it ain't broke, right?

-Jim

Regarding GPU drivers, through many years of experience, I share your opinion and never ever update drivers unless I am having an issue with the one I am currently using which by the way is Nvdida 347.88 which works perfectly. I hate to think about the time and aggravation I have seen people go through after getting the "latest and greatest" only to find that it degraded their performance. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Regarding GPU drivers, through many years of experience, I share your opinion and never ever update drivers unless I am having an issue with the one I am currently using which by the way is Nvdida 347.88 which works perfectly. I hate to think about the time and aggravation I have seen people go through after getting the "latest and greatest" only to find that it degraded their performance.

Sure, f your comouter is "frozen in time" and only use it for fsx and the like, then that is fine.

For people who also use it for gaming, playing the latest games usually means updating is a must.

Sure, f your comouter is "frozen in time" and only use it for fsx and the like, then that is fine.

For people who also use it for gaming, playing the latest games usually means updating is a must.

I am in that category of gaming and simming on the same system, but I have never found a time where I "needed" to update a driver for gaming.  Usually the WHQL driver that was installed at the time of an OS reinstall was sufficient.  Maybe if a special case arose, I could see updating was more beneficial, but again, I would personally wait to see if a game fails because of that driver specifically before updating.

Bob, I only updated to the one I have installed because of a clean reinstall of Win10.  The 361 driver I have installed has worked fine, so I see no need to upgrade.  Fortunately it doesn't auto update either, so there's a plus. :)

With the 361 driver for my card, coupled with P3D v3 and my add-ons, everything runs just fine for my liking. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Me too. I tend to go back to the old reliable with my setup. I am way back to the 337's. When I try new drivers, it is either the

AA gets slashed or more stutters. I will try the new ones just to see but I never get hopeful as that in itself can force a

landing at the placebo depot.

Bob

Can anyone kindly  link me the tool for completely uninstalling the old drivers as when I tried to install this version, I kept getting Failed messages splashed across?

Thanks.

Here you go: http://www.wagnardmobile.com

DDU is the second from the top.

Hans

When I try new drivers, it is either the AA gets slashed or more stutters

Yes I totaly agree with you Bob, but I was so surprise with this new driver that I decided to post my experience.

Obvisouly it was not a good idea.  :mellow:

Can anyone kindly  link me the tool for completely uninstalling the old drivers

I found that http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy