Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

My experience with 364.72 the latest nvidia driver.

I am in that category of gaming and simming on the same system, but I have never found a time where I "needed" to update a driver for gaming.  Usually the WHQL driver that was installed at the time of an OS reinstall was sufficient.  Maybe if a special case arose, I could see updating was more beneficial, but again, I would personally wait to see if a game fails because of that driver specifically before updating.

Yep, and that is exactly what is happening and what gets fixed in esch release (or why do you think they keep coming out with releases?)

My bad, I should have said sonething like "hardcore gamer"

Here you go: http://www.wagnardmobile.com

DDU is the second from the top.

Thanks for that link. Already had that one from guru3, but that has not done the trick, and now I cannot even roll-back to 347 drivers.

Claude

Did all as per that link, still cannot go forwards or backwards. Might have to hack the Registry to delete everything related to Nvidia.Wish I had never gone anywhere near 364.72 !!!

I am in SLI business and i can tell it is getting better and better on my machine almost everytime a new driver is released and that is the single most importante issue i am upgrading for. 

But i agree , i had some nice memories  at 361.43

Michael Moe (not updated to the latest btw)  :wink:

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks for that link. Already had that one from guru3, but that has not done the trick, and now I cannot even roll-back to 347 drivers.

Claude

Did all as per that link, still cannot go forwards or backwards. Might have to hack the Registry to delete everything related to Nvidia.Wish I had never gone anywhere near 364.72 !!!

Not free but works great

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Rich Sennett

Claude 

What can I say ? 

I am sorry.
One thing is sure for me now. It was the first time I post for something else than a help request, it will be the last time... too dangerous

I hope you will be able to sort your problem.

Claude

Claude Troncy

Rick, have you tried reinstalling the original driver from your CD-ROM?

This might help.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David, a swell idea. Just going to give that a try. Luckily I still have the EVGA GTX 970 box at hand.

David, a swell idea. Just going to give that a try. Luckily I still have the EVGA GTX 970 box at hand.

Welcome Rick also use ccleaner - that might help with reg cleaning - but dont manually mess with reg we will get it sorted out

Rich Sennett

Yep, and that is exactly what is happening and what gets fixed in esch release (or why do you think they keep coming out with releases?)

My bad, I should have said sonething like "hardcore gamer"

But dude, I'm HARDCORE!  I have tats and piercings and listen to death metal!  I AM HARDCORE!!!!  :Devil:  :Devil:  :Devil:

wait for it....

wait for it....

Hehe, April Fools.  :Tounge:

-Jim

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Rick, have you tried reinstalling the original driver from your CD-ROM?

This might help.

NvidiaIssues.jpg

Tried this install straight off the CD, same result as you can see for every attempt.

Thanks, Rich, that was the first tool I used, and Uninstalled from.

I've been using Nvidia's GeForce Experience to update my graphics drivers regularly since day one of my current build and never had a problem. I always opt for a clean install and it just works, as designed, every time! For me at least, GFE has removed all the hassle and inconvenience of these sometimes tedious driver updates. The downside of doing a clean install each time is the inability to roll back but, if required, I suppose I could carry out a System Restore. Fortunately this has never been necessary. Usually I wait a week or two to review reports from early adopters, but on this occasion, and perhaps foolishly, I went for it and updated immediately to 364.72 which appear to be performing very well, so no complaints here :)

Mike

Bonjour,

I was using 361.43 with FPS unlimited, Vsync and TB disabled. Not too bad, but some hésitations in turn (microstutters).

I read that the last 364.72 brings full support to virtual reality, and I said to myself that may be Nvidia changed something concerning the vsynch.

So I tried. First I noticed an increase in FPS, but more microstutters appearing very very regularly.

I reenabled in P3D vsynch and TB , it was better. Than I decided to use adaptative half refresh rate in CP.

Now for me with a 60hz monitor and a 780 GTX everything is better. very fluid and very stable FPS. 

So may be something has changed in the vsynch management.

It was just to share this experience. 

Cheers

Claude

performance reporting without system specifications is a totally useless....

Thanks Avsim, for removing such vital info.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2