Sign in to follow this  

Orbx Blurry Textures

Hello I have been running Orbx FTX Global on my new computer I built (i7 6600k, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) and my Orbx textures are very bad and blurry. I believe I have done something wrong in the settings or something of that nature because it obviously is not the fault of Orbx itself. I have also just installed REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds alongside Active Sky Next and all that has improved is taxiway, runway, water, and cloud textures. Most buildings are flat and fields look like messy paintings and it is all just bad looking. Thank you. Also, can somebody tell me how I can upload some screenshots?

Upload screenshots by using a photo-hosting site lie Photobucket or Oz Image hosting.  I usually use a direct view

link that gets pasted in the URL box.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It looks very much photoreal scenery looks seen from a low altitude (<5000"). I uninstalled my photoreal Albuquerque for that very reason (plus there are no seasonal changes)  Naturally, I could have it all wrong.

Regards

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Agreed that it looks like Photo-real scenery, which Orbx scenery isn't.    Are you combining 2 scenery products?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

No I only have FTX Global, REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds (Installed much later than when this problem first came up), Active Sky Next, and PMDG 737 NGX. FTX Global is really my only land texture unless REX affected my land textures but again I installed REX 4 yesterday and it is not interfering with FTX Global. But I also might think it's my processor speed because the i5 6600k is an okay processor for FSX at 3.5 Ghz and I plan on getting the i7 6700k and I believe that would help my problem somewhat but obviously the game must be configured, possibly changing the Affinity Mask for my processor could help but I am still unsure whether there are some changes I should make to the game's settings or the processor I currently have.

Then I would have to guess that Godzilla stomped on most of your buildings! :wink:  Do you have all of your

ORBX scenery stuff at the top of the Scenery Library?

Charlie Aron

Well I don't have any addon sceneries from Orbx its just FTX Global

Well I don't have any addon sceneries from Orbx its just FTX Global

I just looked at your photos and don't see any squashed houses. All the autogen looked normal to me. The only thing I can see that could be construed as a squashed house or building are the overhead photos of houses and buildings that would normally be placed there if you had the autogen turned up higher. The autogen buildings in the photos were not squashed though.

Btw, it doesn't look like photoreal to me. I can tell it's regular Global textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In my game settings I have the autogen density set to "Extremely Dense".

In my game settings I have the autogen density set to "Extremely Dense".

You should have more autogen with that setting compared to what your screen shots show.

Since this is the unofficial ORBX forum, I'd suggest you post on the real ORBX forum with your screen shots and see what the developer says.

As I mentioned in my last post to you, the houses that look squashed are where the actual autogen houses are supposed to be if you have autogen turned up.

Are you on FSX or P3D? I'm assuming FSX but P3D has separate adjustments for autogen houses and trees.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok well I'll head over to the ORBX Forum and see what I can do, thank you! P.S. I am running FSX: Steam Edition