Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Original default Aerocaches?

Hi,

Is there anyway to resurrect those originally available?

Jim F. 

The Flight servers were shut down a long time ago, but you can get them back by installing Flight Toolkit and setting it to Non-GfWL mode.

Hi majuh,

I'm almost ready to install Flight Toolkit but I read somewhere that the Alaska scenery needs to be installed for certain aspects to work.  I'm still familiarizing myself with Flight prior to installing Alaska.

And just to be clear; will the original default aerocaches again be available?  I'm not referring to the "Aerocaches of the day". I recall stumbling across many of the default aerocaches while just flying and not on any specific aerocache hunt.

Jim F.

If I recall most of the original aerocaches are there, also some custom ones that are user created so you will likely run into a few by coincidence again  :)

Also there is an addon that 'fixes' the need for the Alaska Pack addon allowing people that don't have it to use the toolkit, but you can simply go ahead and add it if you purchased it already.

Yes, all 350 default aerocaches are there (the aeocaches of the day were converted to permanent aerocaches), as well as 8 pending aerocaches that were created by the community.

Sounding better all the time.  As they're acquired do they disappear and are you given experience points?

yep  :)   the in game marker disappears and in the aerocache menu it shows with a check as done

I'm almost ready to install Flight Toolkit but I read somewhere that the Alaska scenery needs to be installed for certain aspects to work

You don't need Alaska to use the toolkit.  I used to use that as a requirement to try to ensure people weren't getting content for free, but since you can't buy DLC any more I removed it.