Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

AirDailyX - just...um...see for yourself. April Fools, yeah.

Seeing no humor in this whatsoever.  Not the OP's fault, to each his/her own I guess.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Oh Jim,  climb off your soap box hun   :P 

Just a bit of fun  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Oh Jim,  climb off your soap box hun   :P

Just a bit of fun  :smile:

Soapbox?  I wasn't ranting, just posting an opinion.  Some types of humor on the internet can be sophomoric.  I only clicked on the link, expecting something that resembled an April Fool's joke.  Again, to each his/her own.

How about I buy you a dictionary for Christmas Poppet?

-Jim 

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

How about I buy you a dictionary for Christmas Poppet?

Der's nadda wrong with me swelling :)

I fail to see the amusing part, too... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Lets keep the thread from becoming the April Fools Joke, Please no sniping.

Thanks

C Jodry

Managing Editor

Avsim.com  

• Upvote 1

Ahh come on, is this a private April Fool's joke where everyone pretends to not see what the joke is?

Its just a silly "Imagine if" joke.

Like if avsim was to release a statement saying how it was now nothing to do with flight simulation and was going to cover tips on making yourself look and sound like (I don't know, maybe) Avril Lavigne (cos her name starts with 'av' and you'd be simulating her, right?)

Now that would be extremely silly and perhaps wouldn't have people rolling about in the aisles due to its hilarity.

There may well be some people on avsim who like Avril Lavigne.   It doesn't matter.

Its just a bit of fun and won't suit everyone.  But its not like they were talking about drowning small puppies.

:Cuppa:

• Upvote 1

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Lets keep the thread from becoming the April Fools Joke, Please no sniping.

Thanks

C Jodry

Managing Editor

Avsim.com  

My personal apologies Chuck.  Sometimes, people's responses get too personal.

-Jim

Der's nadda wrong with me swelling :)

SpecSavers gift card, maybe,Elaine? :Tounge: :Tounge:

• Upvote 1

Lol, suppose some take things more serious than others.  I got a good chuckle, thanks for sharing.

I thought it was pretty funny.

I like when corporations do April Fool's day things. If anything, it makes the company seem more "relatable".

Cats driving Uber cars, Google's "drop the mic" button, cel phones for your pets, the app the let's you date people based on book reading preference and all the others are what I look forward to on 4/1.

Everything can't be serious all the time. Life is too short...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Fail to see the joke as well... Nothing even remotely funny there...

Although this isn't one of them, some April Fool's jokes strike me as reasonably clever and creative (such as some of Google's previous efforts).

But I think there's few that are that funny.

Any examples?

The joke is normally in my experience trying to catch someone out, to make them feel a bit silly when they realise that it wasn't real.

This was never expected to be taken seriously so presumably fails the funny test.

Which is my point, April Fool's jokes aren't usually funny.

But I like 'em.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Here is a nice one, Google's self driving bicycle :

Jean-Jacques

• Upvote 1

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI