Sign in to follow this  
C2615

Fuel tank Center 2 failed to work

I have the same issue someone might posted here or some where else:

Engine automaticly shutdown after start for a while and can't get them start again.

After some test around, I've found that the problem is the empty "Center tank 2"

It seems RFP use this fiction tank to sim the "fuel pipes". That is: engine can only get fuel from this tank, and this C2 tank get fuel from other tanks according to your fuel panel settings.

So if something gose wrong with the fuel transfer system (both real and virtual). Once the 152 kg of fuel run out in the C2 tank, you'll flame out, and can't get start.

Normally I use FSP to load my plane, seems that's the problem. I got chance to work well, but also chance to fail with the fuel system even when I can comfirm the "real" system set without problem.

once enconter this problem, seems I have to reload the airplane and redo all the pre-flight.....

I want to know if I can fix it without reload the plane....  But for now I would load my plane's fuel with loader then FSP for Cargo only to see if it works.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's not the most elegant of solutions, but selecting 'unlimited fuel' in the realism settings menu is how I get around it. Since I've never messed up fuel planning badly enough to run out before, it doesn't really impact the authenticity for me anyway...

Kind regards,

Charlie