Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Too close to building

My 737 starts always at the gate too close to the wall, so close that the jetway doesnt move and everytime i have to hit SHIFT P until the front wheel is on the yellow line. Only then the jetway extends. Is there a way to fix this? it happens with the 737 from PMDG not the other lousy FSX planes...

thanks

Andrea de Biase

There is a whole explanation that someone might get into, but the short and skinny is there is no fix. And in fact, there is no problem - its doing what it is supposed to do. 

Confusing isn't it?

My solution is to slew it back to where the nose wheel lines up with the graphic T at the start of each flight. It takes about 10 seconds, and then the jetway works properly. 

For additional info:
http://www.avsim.com/topic/483483-gsx-parking-the-ngx-737/?hl=%2Bparking+%2Bclose+%2Bgate#entry3373892

Hi,

Why not position the aircraft and save the flight, how many airports do you visit regularly?.  If it's only a dozen or so, save for each airport and start the sim from the menu and select your saved flight... Now you're in position ready to go.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I had no idea that the jetway would extend to my aircraft (FSX).  So now that it appears it should I have tried parking on the yellow "T" and it isn't making a difference.  After a brief look through the control options, I don't see a key command option for this.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM

Selecting Go To Airport and parking spot will put the aircraft exactly where the AFCAD file says it belongs.  It happens that at least 20% of expensive add on airport sceneries have parking spots not aligned with the surface textures in their own product.  The fix is to learn how to use an AFCAD editor such as ADE (free from scuffyduck software).

Pressing a key to park the aircraft sounds like an arcade game.

Dan Downs KCRP

Start it in the hangar cold and dark with the steps extended. Start her up and taxi to the gate and shut it down. Happy EngineerSim 2006 :P (Tow truck and brake rider not included)
or slew it to the right spot at the gate ;)

Pressing a key to park the aircraft sounds like an arcade game.

Not to park it, but to activate the jetway control.

Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM

Not to park it, but to activate the jetway control.

Ctrl + J most of the time get them to move to the A/C. That works for FSX default airports and some payware airports. Some payware airport jetways don't move. Others require a special set of key commands. The documentation for the airport usually says what keys will operate the jetways.

Many payware airports have fixed jetways... you didn't mention anything about where you were and I'm can't guess.

Dan Downs KCRP